Your Zombie Slaying Weapon Of Choice

• Thread starter TheStatutoryApe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Choice
In summary, a sword is the best weapon to use against zombies because it is practical and can be used efficiently.

Zombie Slaying Weapon Of Choice?

• Total voters
TheStatutoryApe
Your Zombie Slaying Weapon Of Choice...

So what weapon would you prefer to be using when the world is over run and you must slay zombies to survive?:biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
I voted other. I want a crossbow, with silver tips and wooden shafts...that should cover whatever Halloween night monsters I might encounter. :biggrin:

Dude, definitely a sword. Cutting up zombies and getting splattered by ichorous gore...it's a feeling that really can't be matched...

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought about adding a Bow or Crossbow but wasn't sure if that would be a very effective weapon against zombies.

For asthetic purposes I have always loved the idea of the prosthetic chainsaw hand from Army of Darkness (I forget the name of the one before it where he actually gets it in the first place). Really though for practicality I thought a sword would be best. It doesn't run out of bullets (or gasoline).
But then I saw Shaun of the Dead... now I'm all about the Cricket Bat.

Anyone that's seen "Night of the Living Dead" knows you don't want to get into a car or truck.

This is a tough one. Crossbows might take too long to reload. Can I have an automatic crossbow/flame thrower?

Thanks, Zanazzi. That was fun for a while.
I voted 'other'. If there was an adequate fuel supply available, I'd favour a flame-thrower.

Anyone that's seen "Night of the Living Dead" knows you don't want to get into a car or truck.
I thought that was a generally bad idea in any horror flick, especially in the first few scenes!

Oh, and this is a handy weapon:

(sorry I'm too lazy to trim it out of the ad from www.pvponline.com)

Attachments

• adimage.gif
    adimage.gif
    23.7 KB · Views: 489
Unlike the "Weapon of choice" thread, poems are useless against zombies. Time to bring out the big guns :approve:. That and there is also the fact that all ethical and moral considerations are gone when battling zombies or hordes of undead.

So let 'em have it :biggrin:

Last edited:
I hadn't thought about a flamethrower. Ofcourse I really wouldn't to have zombies coming after me and then change that into flaming zombies coming after me.

Evo said:
I was thinking that some people might like the idea of running them down in a big truck and making their getaway at the same time.

I would blow up the zombies using hellfire missles from my apache helicopter. Last time I checked zombies couldn't fly.

A flam thrower sounds like the best option since it would perpetuate the reaction. Though I may die we will all burn. And if I do live I will have a delicious meal. Of course I would not eat zoombie brains, only fried zoombie brains. Mmmm, rotten cholesteral.
-Scott

i would want a shotgun, you have to blow the zombies heads off that's how it works i think, either a shotgun or a samurai sword so i could throw down some yakuza ****

chain saw or crowbar without a single doubt.

I had to go for shot gun too...they ain't sucken my brains!

ooo,ooo,ooo...cricket bat like in Sean of the Dead.

Or a vulcan canon so you could ftdtdtdtdtdtdtdtd, and then doosh,doosh,doosh, and neeeeeaaaaaoooowwwww pwpckhchch like that. I love hangin' out with my 8 year old nephew!

Last edited:
Shot guns don't work on zombies, you shoot them and they just keep on coming. You have to be careful about blowing them up too, how many times have I seen a zombie chopped or blown up, only to have the hand keep moving! The hand gets inside and opens the door and next thing you know...house full of zombies. :grumpy:

Flamethrower is the way to go, I've never seen a zombie survive a flamethrower, but you need to be in a fireproof environment. As much fun as it would be torching a half dozen zombies in your living room, the results could be disastrous.

I chose almost all of the above. I have yet to get creative with my "other" choice, so I cannot answer that yet.

A supersoaker full of holy water :smile: .

Water! Zombies hate getting wet.

Smasherman said:
A supersoaker full of holy water :smile: .
Holy Colloidal Silver Water with minced garlic.:approve:

If I use a shotgun then I would have to reload every 8-10 shots. Which won't be helpful if I'm getting attacked by 10 zombies at a time. Plus, if I don't get the head on the first shot then I have an 80 percent chance of getting screwed.

A chainsaw would be too heavy and bulky. A bat won't be much help if the zombie is bigger and stronger than me. I'll just have to go with an assault rifle.

Last edited:
Echo 6 Sierra said:
Holy Colloidal Silver Water with minced garlic.:approve:

I believe that, according to legend, the preferred weapon of choice against zombies is Salt. So I'll take a shotgun with shells that have had the shot replaced with rock salt.

Actually, new plan. I shall brandish my holy symbol, and...*TURN UNDEAD!*

No, wait. *CONTROL UNDEAD!*

Bwahaha!

My preferred weapon is an army of bigger faster stronger and more obedient zombies,

Zweihander "Holy Avenger" from the mines of Moria. :biggrin:

Works great on Death Quasits, Emperor Lichs, Ancient MultiHued Dragons, and Evil Iggys, and Balrogs! :biggrin:

I would immolate them with the power of music.

I chose assault rifle, but I would really prefer a full suit of body armor (that no human teeth could bite through) and a gatling gun, with about five or six bandoliers of bullets strung across my shoulder. Armor-piercing bullets, too, so I could shred through about twenty zombies in a crowd with each shot.

Ooh! Ooh! I changed my mind again!

Two words: laser...vision...

The legions of the undead shall burn before my awesome brilliance!

Actually based on my research, I have written a manual for zombie hunters. It details the main types of zombies, how to combat each one, how to choose your weapons etc.. And also one for the general public, what to do in case of zombie attack. Maybe I'll post it later.

there is actually a published printed manual on how to survive zombie attacks, saw it in waterstones (english book chain)...look on amazon.

myself, id prefer an m-14 with APLP rounds (can't remember exactly what it stands for, but they pass through hard objects=walls, wood etc, but fragment in tissue and create a massive exit)

I'll take a chainsaw hand or a shotgun, just like in Army of Darkness.

hmmm- I'll take a sword or a flamethrower.

Of course, I would also take a bomber with a lot of daisy cutters.

Janus said:
I believe that, according to legend, the preferred weapon of choice against zombies is Salt. So I'll take a shotgun with shells that have had the shot replaced with rock salt.
Oh, in that case, I think we all should be armed with super soakers filled with Holy colloidal silver salt water with a garlic infusion. :biggrin:

I had fun last night...since I had to be at the farm all night, I brought along scary movies on DVD to watch on my laptop in between samples. One of the grad students stopped in early in the evening to check on some of his animals and decided I was nuts to be watching scary movies when out alone at the farm all night on Halloween. :rofl: Unfortunately, it doesn't have nearly the effect when I was in a nice, lit, heated building as it used to have when I worked out on a farm that looked more traditional (red barns, split rail fences) and I had to walk outside in the pitch dark to get to the sheep, where I couldn't see anything more than about a foot in front of me, but could hear all the noises of the animals moving...some coming from places where we didn't have any animals. :bugeye: That place really did have more the feel of a typical horror movie scene where something was just waiting to jump out at you as you turned the corner behind the barn...and sometimes there was something waiting to jump out at you...the farm manager was quite a practical joker and would scare the bejeezus out of us by planting motion or noise sensitive "critters" along the paths between barns if he knew we'd be out late at night. :rofl: Once you were there a while, you came to expect it, but it was great fun whenever a new person was out on their first overnight experiment. :biggrin: :devil: :rofl: