by edward
Tags: antibiotic, common, warning
Share this thread:
edward
Nov9-13, 11:41 PM
PF Gold
P: 881
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
Edward, I have been treated for peripheral neuropathy for 15 years, I have to sleep with my arms in braces. That was 15 years before I took Cipro. Sorry for your problems, but unless you can prove they were caused by Cipro, I can't give credence to anything you say. Sorry. Sounds to me like you are looking to make some money.
There is no treatment for PN, except pain medication. Only two really work. True nerve pain is excruciating and unrelenting.

EVO I have no intention of suing anyone period got it! Where did I even mention that I intended to do that. Admittedly a lot of other people will, and I made reference to that fact. How about showing a bit of respect?

The OP was intended to make others aware and to perhaps establish a scientific based dialog including the complexity of mitochondria and PN. Instead I get ridiculous posts and an outrageous accusation from you.
I have intensely researched PN for the last six months.

I am currently 100% physically disabled. I am not bitter and I'm not looking for something to pin the blame on to make a profit. I'm glad to hear that you are not as bad off as I am. I have to say I find your rant a bit embarrassing.
I have money EVO and I find your accusation quite embarrassing. Now this was a rant.

Edit. BTW I wear braces on both arms and both knees, are we having a contest?
Evo
Nov10-13, 12:15 AM
Mentor
P: 26,650
Quote Quote by edward View Post
EVO I have no intention of suing anyone period got it! Were did I even mention that I intended to do that Admittedly a lot of other people will, and I made reference to that fact. How about showing a bit of respect?

The OP was intended to make others aware and to perhaps establish a scientific based dialog including the complexity of mitochondria and PN. Instead I get ridiculous posts and an outrageous accusation from you.

I have money EVO and I find your accusation quite embarrassing. Now this was a rant.

Edit. BTW I wear braces on both arms and both knees, are we having a contest?
Your personal opinions don't match the facts edward. The facts speak for themselves.

I apologize if you think this is a personal attack, it isn't, it's about the facts, and appearances. I will retract that you're intent is a lawsuit, it certainly sounded that way to me since you made such a point of it.
edward
Nov10-13, 12:24 AM
PF Gold
Your personal opinions don't match the facts edward. The facts speak for themselves.

I apologize if you think this is a personal attack, it isn't, it's about the facts.
No it isn't about the facts. The facts are only your interpretation of the facts. You have old data on frequency of side effects. They may be true, or not, but when a drug is give to millions when it was meant as a last drug of choice for thousands there will be more people with those side effects.

I have researched PN extensively for the last six months.
Evo
Nov10-13, 12:25 AM
Mentor
No it isn't about the facts. The facts are only your interpretation of the facts. You have old data on frequency of side effects. They may be true, or not, but when a drug is give to millions when it was meant as a last drug of choice for thousands there will be more people with those side effects.

I have researched PN extensively for the last six months.
My study is 2013, the most recent, your link was almost a decade old.

So, you don't want to sue, just why are you on such a rant about it?
edward
Nov10-13, 12:28 AM
PF Gold
My study is 2013, the most recent. your link was more than a decade old.
My link indicated that certain researchers knew that Cipro could cause PN in the lab a decade ago. I posted it to make that point. To hell with it think whatever you want. I don't need this. Apparently you do.
Evo
Nov10-13, 12:30 AM
Mentor
My link indicated that certain researchers knew that Cipro could cause PN in the lab a decade ago. I posted it to make that point. To hell with it think whatever you want. I don't need this. Apparently you do.
Many drugs have much worse side effects, so my question about why you keep bringing up lawsuits puzzles me.
edward
Nov10-13, 12:36 AM
PF Gold
Many drugs have much worse side effects, so my question about why you keep bringing up lawsuits puzzles me.
Because they are popping up all over the net since the FDA announcement.

BTW

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23825301

BTW This 2013 link refers to antibiotics that are rarely used, not the 5th most used. I did mention that previously. Seriously are you OK? On a misery index of one to ten I am about an 8. How about you?
edward
Nov10-13, 12:39 AM
PF Gold
OK so please forgive me because I got miffed when I felt that you had insulted me. How does that sound? I have to go try to get some sleep.
Evo
Nov10-13, 12:42 AM
Mentor
OK so please forgive me because I got miffed when I felt that you had insulted me. How does that sound? I have to go try to get some sleep.
I'm very sorry that I upset you, I shouldn't have.

Of course lawsuits have been popping up with the recent news. Previous lawsuits have failed, but ambulance chasing is big business.

My 2013 link is of the most widely used antibiotics.
edward
Nov10-13, 02:43 PM
PF Gold
I'm very sorry that I upset you, I shouldn't have.

Of course lawsuits have been popping up with the recent news. Previous lawsuits have failed, but ambulance chasing is big business.

My 2013 link is of the most widely used antibiotics.
OOPS sorry I didn't look up what drugs are in the class of aminoglycosides, and β-lactams.

On the other hand the first sentence of the article states "prolonged use" not one time use.

Edited
Greg Bernhardt
Dec11-13, 11:55 PM
Admin
P: 9,677
I've taken Cipro a couple dozen times in all my traveling :(

Register to reply