Calculating Required Force to Tip a 27kg Box - Need Help Solving

• Thread starter Pancakes
  • Start date
In summary, when encountering a difficult question, it is important to first step back and assess the situation, then break the question down into smaller parts. If still unable to find a solution, it is acceptable to seek help from others. It is also important to recognize when a question may be unsolvable and to prioritize tasks accordingly. Strategies for approaching a difficult question include remaining calm, breaking the question down, and trying different methods. It is acceptable to use outside resources, but proper citation should be given and one should not rely solely on others to solve the question.
Pancakes
I can't solve this problem, can anyone help?

The problem I'm stuck on is:

You're trying to tip over a box. What is the amount of force you'd need to apply to it?

The box is 2.7 meters tall, .83 wide and weighs 27kg.

Anyone got an answer...?

Physics news on Phys.org
You need to make an attempt to solve the problem before anyone will help you ...

And this question belongs in "introductory physics".

depends where u apply force.
you can do by torqe balance about the tip point.

1) What should I do if I encounter a question I can't solve?

If you encounter a question you can't solve, the first thing you should do is take a step back and assess the situation. Make sure you understand the question and its requirements. Then, try breaking the question down into smaller, more manageable parts. If you still can't find a solution, don't be afraid to ask for help from a colleague, mentor, or teacher.

2) How do I know if a question is truly unsolvable?

Some questions may seem unsolvable at first glance, but with the right approach and resources, a solution can be found. However, if you have tried multiple methods and consulted with others, but still cannot find a solution, it is possible that the question is unsolvable. In these cases, it's important to acknowledge your efforts and move on to other tasks.

3) Is it okay to give up on a question I can't solve?

It is not necessarily giving up if you are unable to solve a question. Sometimes, it's important to recognize when a question may not be the best use of your time and energy. It's okay to set it aside and come back to it later, or to seek assistance from others. Remember, not all questions have immediate or easy solutions, and it's important to prioritize your tasks.

4) What are some strategies for approaching a difficult question?

When faced with a difficult question, it's important to remain calm and focused. Start by breaking the question down into smaller parts and identifying any key information or patterns. If you're still struggling, try approaching the question from a different angle or using different methods. Don't be afraid to ask for help or take breaks to clear your mind.

5) Can I use outside resources to help me solve a question?

Yes, it is completely acceptable to use outside resources to help you solve a question. In fact, consulting with others and utilizing various resources can often lead to a better understanding and solution. Just be sure to properly cite any sources you use and to not rely solely on others to solve the question for you.