What Does "Encode" Mean in "Light in My Life" by Harison XYZ?

• Thread starter Just an Asterisk
  • Start date
In summary: Thanks dduardo,In summary, the file "Light in my life" encoded by Harison XYZ is a cda music file that was encoded by Harison XYZ. The encoding process is proprietary and you'll have to purchase the software from Real Networks Inc. to learn how it's done.
Just an Asterisk
what that "encode"

I am watching a rm file I received from my friend's Cd. When the file is playing, I notice at the bottom of my real-player screen and see ("Light in my life" encoded by Harison XYZ) and I am wondering if anyone of you here would be willing enough to give me an answer as to what that "encode" means...and if you can also tell me where I can find materials or explanation on that encoding process.

Thanks a lot,

Computer science news on Phys.org
Streaming

Can you tell me how a file can be stream via internet ? I mean the mechanism, please give me any information you know, I am very grateful for that..

Thanks,

I think these two topics are very similar so I merged them.

Encoding
Encoding means taking data and converting it to another format. For example you take a cda music file from a cd and encode(rip) it to mp3. You can also take an avi video file and convert it to mpeg.

Depending on what your going to encode, the process is different, therefore you'll have to be a bit more specific in what materials you want.

Streaming
Streaming is basically encoding a file in a compressed format and sending small chunks of the file to the client's computer when needed. A buffer is used to minimize or eliminate jumps in the playback.

http://www.unikron.com/howtovideostream.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks dduardo,
mp3->rm and vice versa
Are there any tools out there for me to do that ? Can you tell me how such a tool works in actuality ?

How about streaming, can you tell me something about it too ?

Again Thanks a lot

note, I am sorry, he is coming back soon, I have got to go, bye, please help me, okay ?

Real Media is a proprietary format. You'll have to buy it from Real Networks Inc. The only way you'll find out how they encode the files is if you actually work for them.

http://www.realnetworks.com/products/producer/

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What does "encode" mean in the context of "Light in My Life" by Harison XYZ?

In this context, "encode" refers to the process of translating or converting information into a particular format or code. It can also refer to the act of embedding hidden messages or meanings within a piece of writing or art.

2. Why did Harison XYZ choose to use the word "encode" in the title of the poem?

The use of the word "encode" in the title may suggest that the poem contains hidden or deeper meanings that the reader must decipher and interpret. It could also represent the speaker's attempt to capture the complexity and depth of their feelings for the subject of the poem.

3. Is there a specific code or format being referenced in the poem?

It is not clear if there is a specific code or format being referenced in the poem. However, the use of the word "encode" may imply that the speaker's feelings are too complex to express in a straightforward manner and require a unique method of communication.

4. Does the use of "encode" add to the overall meaning of the poem?

The use of "encode" adds to the overall meaning of the poem by emphasizing the complexity and depth of the speaker's emotions. It also adds a layer of intrigue and mystery to the poem, inviting readers to interpret the poem in their own way.

5. Can the poem be interpreted differently based on the different meanings of "encode"?

Yes, the poem can be interpreted differently based on the different meanings of "encode." Depending on how the reader interprets the word, the poem could be seen as a love poem with hidden messages or a commentary on the difficulty of expressing complex emotions.