Dielectric test as per IEC for Low voltage panels

by hisham.i
Tags: dielectric, electric, panels, test, voltage
Share this thread:
hisham.i
Feb3-14, 02:25 PM
P: 178
Hello guys,

I was searching for what voltage does IEC standard call for Di electric test that should be done to low voltage panels? is it 2.5 KV for 1 minutes?

If yes how how low voltage cable rated 600/1000 V can withstand 2.5KV without insulation failure?
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Researchers discover cool-burning flames in space, could lead to better engines on earth (w/ Video)
Professors object to FAA restrictions on drone use
UConn makes 3-D copies of antique instrument parts
Windadct
Feb7-14, 10:15 AM
P: 553
First be sure to be aware if they are calling out 2.5K VAC or 2.5K VDC -

The cables and equipment must be able to handle voltage higher than the applied voltage to ensure it is safe. For example 600VAC - has peak voltage of 850 V-- and then consider this is 1700V P-P....

There is also the issue of voltage spikes - which could be hundreds of volts.... 2.5KV is the value the industry has accepted as "safe enough" and also economically feasible.
the_emi_guy
Feb7-14, 10:50 AM
P: 585
Which IPC standard is applicable to your equipment?

Register to reply