Galactic Suite and space tourism

• Thread starter ehilge
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Space
In summary, there is a claim that a space hotel will be operational by the end of 2012, but it is highly improbable and even doubtful that this will actually happen. There are doubts about the feasibility and funding of the project, as well as concerns about the lack of evidence of any engineering work being done. The latest news on Richard Branson and Virgin Galactic is also mentioned.
ehilge
Hey all, I just saw an http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/odd/6422739/space-hotel-says-its-on-schedule-to-open-in-2012/" ) that claims they will have a space hotel operational by the end of 2012. I was just curious as to if the engineering community (thats you guys!) thought that this is even feasible, not only from a funding standpoint, but even if the money was available, if a private company would be able to put up the hardware for a venture like this in time. To me, it seems like this whole company is almost a joke since I can't find any evidence that they've actually done any engineering work on the project. But someone here might know something I don't. And while we're on the subject, what's the latest on Richard Branson and Virgin galactic?

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Let's just say is is HIGHLY improbable that they will have a "space hotel" in orbit in less than 3 years. I would even be skeptical if they were quoting by 2020...

What is Galactic Suite and how does it relate to space tourism?

Galactic Suite is a proposed space hotel concept that would allow tourists to experience space travel and stay in orbit for a short period of time. It is designed to cater to the growing market for space tourism, which aims to provide regular citizens with the opportunity to travel to space.

How much would it cost to stay at Galactic Suite?

The estimated cost for a three-day stay at Galactic Suite is currently around $4.4 million. This includes a 3-month training program to prepare for the trip, transportation to the space hotel, and the actual stay in orbit. However, as technology advances and space tourism becomes more common, the cost is expected to decrease.

What type of experience can visitors expect at Galactic Suite?

Visitors to Galactic Suite can expect a unique and unforgettable experience. They will have the opportunity to see the Earth from a completely different perspective, experience weightlessness, and participate in activities such as spacewalks and astronaut training. They will also have access to state-of-the-art facilities and amenities on board the space hotel.

What are the potential risks of space tourism at Galactic Suite?

As with any form of space travel, there are inherent risks associated with space tourism at Galactic Suite. These include exposure to radiation, mechanical failures, and potential health issues due to the effects of microgravity. However, strict safety protocols and extensive training programs are in place to mitigate these risks.

When will Galactic Suite be available for tourists?

Currently, there is no set date for when Galactic Suite will be available for tourists. The project has faced numerous delays and setbacks, and it is still in the development phase. However, several companies are actively working towards making space tourism a reality in the near future, so it may not be too long before we see the first guests at Galactic Suite.