Find constant speed using mass and power

In summary, to find the constant speed of a forklift lifting a 613.0 kg mass using 950 W of power, we use the equation P = W/▲t and rearrange it to get v = ▲d/▲t. By substituting the given values and solving for v, the constant speed is found to be approximately 1.53 m/s.
DeerHunter
Find constant speed using mass and power [SOLVED]

Homework Statement

A 613.0 kg mass is placed on a forklift that can generate 950 W of power. What is the constant speed of the forklift while lifting this load?

Homework Equations

P = W/▲t
W=Fapp*▲d
Fg=mg

The Attempt at a Solution

I am not sure where to go from here, I can't rearrange P = W/▲t to solve for t without having work. I can't find W=Fapp*▲d without d or by rearranging P. I can't find d with the variables given or by rearranging W. Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
P=(Fapp*▲d)/▲t
P=((mg)*▲d/▲t)

note v=▲d/▲t
insert values and isolate for v

VanOosten said:
P=(Fapp*▲d)/▲t
P=((mg)*▲d/▲t)

note v=▲d/▲t
insert values and isolate for v

Thanks! Can't believe I overlooked that. Question is solved

1. How is mass related to constant speed?

The mass of an object is directly proportional to its constant speed. This means that the greater the mass of an object, the more force is required to maintain a constant speed.

2. What is the role of power in determining constant speed?

Power is the rate at which work is done and is essential in determining an object's constant speed. The higher the power, the faster an object can maintain a constant speed.

3. How can I calculate constant speed using mass and power?

To calculate constant speed using mass and power, you can use the formula: speed = power/mass. This will give you the speed at which an object can maintain a constant speed given its mass and power.

4. Can constant speed change with variations in mass and power?

Yes, constant speed can change with variations in mass and power. As mentioned earlier, a heavier object will require more force to maintain a constant speed, and a higher power output will result in a faster constant speed.

5. How does friction affect the constant speed of an object?

Friction is a force that opposes motion, so it can impact the constant speed of an object. If there is a higher level of friction, more power will be required to maintain a constant speed. This is why reducing friction is important in some situations, such as in sports or transportation.