Fixing Google Server Problem: Send File Without Executable

In summary, the individual is having trouble sending a zipped file of morphological analysis to their friends through Gmail. The reason for this is likely because the file contains an executable, which is often blocked by email filters as it can contain viruses. The individual can try renaming the executable file or removing it from the zip before sending, or upload the file to a different platform such as Google Drive and share a download link.
inotyce
I have a little problem with Google server to which I send my friends my zipped file of morphological analysis. When I press send button I always have a return message that my file is included with a executable and I can't send it. Thank you.

Computer science news on Phys.org
inotyce said:
I have a little problem with Google server to which I send my friends my zipped file of morphological analysis. When I press send button I always have a return message that my file is included with a executable and I can't send it. Thank you.

Are you using Drive or just Gmail?

Thank you, I use only gmail.

I just tried sending a tiny zipped text file attachment to myself via gmail and it did not complain.

Try doing that and see if it is just your morphological data or if it is any zip file.

If it is any zip file then try changing the zip file name from file.zip to file.txt, attach and send that to yourself, download, change the name back to file.zip, unzip and compare the result with the original to verify it works.

Viruses are generally spread as executable email attachments. As a rule, most email filters will simply exclude any attachment that has an executable with it. You can try renaming the .exe file to something else like .txt or whatever but most virus scanners are not fooled by it.

Best thing is to remove any executable files from the zip and resend only the data files and it should work just fine. If you MUST include the executable, then you'll need to upload the zipped file into Google drive or some other online storage solution and share a download link.

1. What is a Google server problem?

A Google server problem refers to any issue or malfunction that occurs on Google's servers, which are responsible for storing and delivering data to users across the internet. These problems can range from minor glitches to major outages that affect a large number of users.

2. How does a Google server problem affect sending files without executables?

When a Google server problem occurs, it can potentially disrupt the ability to send files without executables. This is because the servers may not be able to properly process and deliver the files, resulting in errors or delays. In some cases, the files may not be delivered at all.

3. What are some common causes of Google server problems?

There are several potential causes of Google server problems, including hardware failures, software bugs, network issues, and cyber attacks. These problems can also be triggered by high volumes of traffic or unexpected spikes in usage.

4. How can I fix a Google server problem?

If you are experiencing a Google server problem, the best course of action is to wait for the issue to be resolved by Google's technical team. In some cases, you may be able to troubleshoot the problem by clearing your browser's cache and cookies, or by trying to access the service from a different device or network.

5. How can I prevent future Google server problems?

Unfortunately, it is not possible to completely prevent Google server problems from occurring. However, you can minimize the impact of these issues by regularly backing up your important files and data, and by keeping your software and devices up to date. Additionally, it is always a good idea to have a contingency plan in place in case of a major server outage.