Where can I find microcontrollers for small quantity orders?

• Thread starter Jammin_James
  • Start date
In summary, a microcontroller is a small computer on a single integrated circuit that can be programmed to control specific functions. When choosing a microcontroller for a project, factors such as processing speed, memory size, input/output pins, and compatibility with programming language and development environment should be considered. Microcontrollers can be purchased from various sources, but it is important to ensure they are from reputable sources. Programming languages such as C, C++, and assembly language can be used to program microcontrollers, but it is important to research the specific requirements of the microcontroller. Prior programming experience is not necessary, as there are resources available to help beginners learn how to program microcontrollers.
Jammin_James
Does anyone know where to order these in small quantities?

In my class we're using FLIP to program 89C52ED2 controllers. I'm not sure if a specific chip is needed, but one with a ROM would be nice, obviously haha.

Engineering news on Phys.org
www.digikey.com

Would be a good start. If you have plenty of time, sometimes you can go to the manufacturer's website and request free samples instead of paying for them.

There are many online retailers that offer microcontrollers in small quantities, such as Digi-Key, Mouser, and SparkFun. It is important to research and compare prices and specifications to find the best option for your specific needs. As for the specific chip you mentioned, the 89C52ED2, it is important to ensure that the chip you select has the necessary features and capabilities for your project. You can refer to the datasheet for this chip to determine if it meets your requirements. Additionally, it may be helpful to consult with your instructor or other experts in the field for their recommendations on which chip to use.

1. What is a microcontroller?

A microcontroller is a small computer on a single integrated circuit (IC) that is designed to control a specific function or set of functions. It includes a CPU, memory, and input/output peripherals, making it a self-contained system that can be programmed to perform a variety of tasks.

2. How do I choose the right microcontroller for my project?

Choosing the right microcontroller depends on the specific requirements of your project. Some factors to consider include the processing speed, memory size, number of input/output pins, and cost. It is important to also consider the compatibility of the microcontroller with your programming language and development environment.

3. Where can I purchase microcontrollers?

Microcontrollers can be purchased from a variety of sources, including online retailers and electronics stores. Some manufacturers also sell their microcontrollers directly to consumers. It is important to ensure that the microcontroller you purchase is from a reputable source to avoid counterfeit or faulty products.

4. What programming languages can be used to program microcontrollers?

There are several programming languages that can be used to program microcontrollers, including C, C++, and assembly language. Some microcontrollers also have their own specific programming languages or software development kits (SDKs). It is important to research the specific requirements of your microcontroller before choosing a programming language.

5. Can I program a microcontroller without any prior experience?

While prior programming experience can be helpful, it is not necessary to program a microcontroller. There are many resources available, such as tutorials and online communities, that can help beginners learn how to program microcontrollers. It is important to have a basic understanding of programming concepts and to be willing to learn and experiment with the microcontroller to achieve your desired results.