Pirate Talk: Yo ho ho! Buck an Ear Corn & Fake Gucci Bags

• Thread starter Jimmy Snyder
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Internet
In summary, a group of friends talk about their plans for Talk Like a Pirate Day, including dressing up, using pirate slang, and joking about software and parrot piracy. They also mention their hobbies and offer to trade items.
Jimmy Snyder
Yo ho ho. Today corn is officially a buck an ear. Its time to get out your fake Gucci bags and Rolex watches. Your friend becomes your matey and your orange juice rum as we make English grammar walk the plank. So hoist the Jolly Roger me lads and lasses to them what talks like a pirate.

Physics news on Phys.org
Shiver me timbers, yer right, erm starboard. Aye It be pirate talk day.

Jimmy Snyder said:
Yo ho ho. Today corn is officially a buck an ear. Its time to get out your fake Gucci bags and Rolex watches. Your friend becomes your matey and your orange juice rum as we make English grammar walk the plank. So hoist the Jolly Roger me lads and lasses to them what talks like a pirate.

Hey, you stole this post from me! These are MY intellectual properties!

Lol, I thought for a second this thread was about software piracy on the internet. This is a whole new breed isn't it? :p

Brwaack! Polly want a cracker? … Oh, wait. That’s for Talk Like a PARROT Day.

hypatia said:
Brwaack! Polly want a cracker? … Oh, wait. That’s for Talk Like a PARROT Day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBsPZV14I-k

Just for Evo...

3102839d.jpg

It's a Jolly Roger. :smile:

Math Is Hard said:
Just for Evo...

3102839d.jpg

I'm turning this into my art class as my final project. Thank you.

Math Is Hard said:
Just for Evo...

3102839d.jpg

awwwww, thanks MIH!

ROGER!

Yarr, ye all be welcome!

and if anyone is looking for DVDs or video games, I've downloaded a whole bunch of them because I'm 7337. Will trade for pr0n.

1. What is "Pirate Talk: Yo ho ho! Buck an Ear Corn & Fake Gucci Bags"?

"Pirate Talk: Yo ho ho! Buck an Ear Corn & Fake Gucci Bags" is a phrase commonly used to imitate the speech and mannerisms of pirates. It is often used for comedic effect or as a way to add pirate-themed elements to a conversation or event.

2. Why do pirates say "Yo ho ho!"?

The phrase "Yo ho ho!" is often associated with pirates because it is a common chant or cheer used to show excitement or celebration. It may have originated as a way for pirates to communicate with each other while on ships or as a way to intimidate their enemies.

3. What does "buck an ear corn" mean in pirate talk?

"Buck an ear corn" is a phrase that refers to the act of drinking rum or other alcoholic beverages. It is often used as a way to describe the rowdy and careless behavior of pirates.

4. Is there any significance to the mention of "fake Gucci bags" in pirate talk?

The mention of "fake Gucci bags" in pirate talk is often used to add a touch of humor and irony to the conversation. It may also be a reference to the stereotypical image of pirates as thieves and looters who would take and use whatever they could find.

5. Are there any other common phrases or words in pirate talk?

Yes, there are many other common phrases and words in pirate talk, such as "ahoy matey," "shiver me timbers," "avast ye," and "walk the plank." These phrases are often associated with pirate culture and are used to add a sense of adventure and danger to the conversation.

Back