Andy Murray's about to take on Nadal in the Aussie Open

• Thread starter J77
  • Start date
In summary, Andy Murray is about to take on Nadal in the Aussie Open. The best bit about this is the Aussie commentary - available through the AO website. Serena Williams is the biggest story so far out of the Aussie Open.
J77
The *latest* great British hope Andy Murray's about to take on Nadal in the Aussie Open...

...best bit about this is the Aussie commentary - available through the AO website.

"How many out of 10 would you give Maria?" :rofl:

They wouldn't get away with that on the BBC :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Still, the biggest story so far out of the Aussie Open is Serena Williams. If she continues to put this much heart and attention to tennis, this year's season will be very interesting.

Zz.

Yeah - I hope Serena keeps going, she's looking good to reach the final (from her side of the draw); and unseeded, of course!

J77 said:
"How many out of 10 would you give Maria?" :rofl:

They wouldn't get away with that on the BBC :biggrin:
Them's Aussies! They can say whatever they bloody well please!

Murray will win the first set, but Nadal will win the next three (the second one going to a tie-breaker).

They get so many "challenges" in this tournament - where they can go to the video if they think a ball was in.

Very gimmicky but Murray just got a call overruled in the tiebreak :cool:

And Andy just won the set by getting a challenge right over the umpire:rofl:

Last edited:
I think Nadal will blow Murray off the court. Though i would prefer Murray to win.

Clijsters wins the women's tournament !

marlon

The Aussies call a double-handed backhand a double fister! :rofl: :devil: o:)

J77 said:
The Aussies call a double-handed backhand a double fister! :rofl: :devil: o:)

[ZapperZ won't go there...]

Bud Collins calls someone who plays two-handed on both sides a Double Chrissie, after Christ Evert.

Zz.

That's much nicer :smile:

Andy just got the 3rd set!

Both of them are playing fantastic! I think that Nadal will outlast Murray and win the fifth
It's 3-0 now. Hard to see Murray coming back from here.

siddharth said:
Both of them are playing fantastic! I think that Nadal will outlast Murray and win the fifth
It's 3-0 now. Hard to see Murray coming back from here.

yep , i think so too.

marlon

Nadal closes it out easily. Murray's only chance was to win in straight sets...and he came close.

Gokul43201 said:
Nadal closes it out easily. Murray's only chance was to win in straight sets...and he came close.
He certainly did - it's a shame.

I hope Serena beats Maria - if she does, she'll be the first unseeded woman to do so for 29 years (I think... vague fact from the radio).

Federer, wow!

Federer needs someone to step up to his level, someone who can return powerfully to either side of the court from either side of the court and playing forehand or backhand. A pretty tall order.

1. Who is Andy Murray?

Andy Murray is a professional tennis player from Scotland. He has won three Grand Slam titles and has been ranked as high as world No. 1 in the ATP rankings.

2. Who is Rafael Nadal?

Rafael Nadal is a professional tennis player from Spain. He has won 20 Grand Slam titles and has been ranked as world No. 1 in the ATP rankings multiple times.

3. What is the Aussie Open?

The Aussie Open, short for the Australian Open, is one of the four major Grand Slam tennis tournaments. It is held annually in Melbourne, Australia and is the first Grand Slam tournament of the year.

4. When is the match between Andy Murray and Nadal?

The match between Andy Murray and Rafael Nadal is scheduled to take place at the Aussie Open on a date that is yet to be determined. The tournament typically takes place in January each year.

5. How have Andy Murray and Nadal performed against each other in the past?

Andy Murray and Rafael Nadal have a long-standing rivalry in tennis. They have faced each other 24 times in their careers, with Nadal currently leading the head-to-head record with 17 wins. However, Murray has beaten Nadal in their last two meetings, both in 2019.