Getting an Arxiv Endorsement Code - Neel's Guide

• Thread starter neelakash
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Arxiv Code
In summary, the conversation revolves around the process of getting an endorsement code for a paper to be published in the classical physics section of arxiv. The author sent an endorsement request to an endorser and is asking for clarification on how to obtain the code. It is mentioned that when submitting a paper to arxiv, a temporary ID and permanent link are provided, but these are not the endorsement code. It is suggested that if the paper is accepted, an endorsement code may not be needed, but if it is not accepted, one may be sent. However, the author mentions that this has not happened in the past and has not been able to obtain the code.
neelakash
Hi all,
I have written a paper which I wanted to put in arxiv classical physics section. I sent an endorsement request to an endorser in the relevant section and he agreed to endorse the paper in arxiv. He asked me to send him the 6 character alphanumeric endorsement code as suggested here:
http://arxiv.org/help/endorsement

Unfortunately, the webpage does not mention how an author gets his endorsement code. Can anyone please explain how to get the endorsement code? Should I email the administrator?

-Neel

Physics news on Phys.org
Have you tried to submit your paper to the relevant arxiv? Presumably when you do you will get an email with the code in it. I've never had to be endorsed or endorsed anyone, though, so this is just a guess.

Hi, my paper was on electrostatics and I put the paper on classical physics. When you submit it to arxiv, they send you a temporary id corresponding to the submitted article. If that is accepted they send a permanent link and a password as well. But they are not the endorsement code.

-Neel

neelakash said:
Hi, my paper was on electrostatics and I put the paper on classical physics. When you submit it to arxiv, they send you a temporary id corresponding to the submitted article. If that is accepted they send a permanent link and a password as well. But they are not the endorsement code.

-Neel

If it's accepted, then you don't need an endorser. What happens if it's not accepted? Presumably then you are sent an endorsement code.

Unfortunately, that did not happen in the past...I emailed that and they referred me back to the old page that I mentioned. That does not contain the information how does the author get the endorsement code.

1. What is an Arxiv endorsement code?

An Arxiv endorsement code is a unique code that is required for researchers to submit their papers to Arxiv, a popular online repository for scientific papers. It is used to verify that the submitter is a qualified researcher in their field of study.

2. How do I get an Arxiv endorsement code?

To get an Arxiv endorsement code, you need to be endorsed by another Arxiv user who is already a member of the Arxiv community. This user must have an established reputation in their field of study and must be willing to endorse you.

3. Who can endorse me for an Arxiv endorsement code?

An Arxiv endorsement code can only be obtained through endorsement from another Arxiv user who is already a member of the community. The endorser must have a good reputation in their field, and their endorsement will be subject to review by the Arxiv team.

4. How long does it take to get an Arxiv endorsement code?

The time it takes to get an Arxiv endorsement code can vary, as it depends on finding an endorser who is willing and able to endorse you. It is recommended to start the process as early as possible to allow enough time for the endorsement to be reviewed and approved.

5. Is there a fee for obtaining an Arxiv endorsement code?

No, there is no fee for obtaining an Arxiv endorsement code. However, some endorsers may charge a fee for their endorsement service. It is important to discuss this with your potential endorser before going through the endorsement process.