by goldust
Tags: hypothesis, insights, riemann
Share this thread:
mfb
Nov22-13, 01:33 PM
Mentor
P: 12,081
Quote Quote by lostcauses10x View Post
I should simply ask, how is the zeta function plotted?
Usually with real and imaginary part of the argument on two axes and a "part" of the function value as third axis. This "part" is often the real part, the imaginary part, the magnitude or the complex phase, and drawn as height of a surface.

Each point in such a graph says "for this specific complex number as function argument, the [plotted quantity] is [value]".

Can all point of the graph be shown as ordered points of input to the ordered points of output of the zeta function?
What do you mean with "ordered"?

These sets of reals and purely imaginary can be drawn as lines, that exist in the graphical representation of the complex number set. It uses a z and y axis or lines that intersect at 0.
"Can" is important here.

Now when I say the input is in the form of two pure lines distinct in the pure form of reals and imaginaries, at right angle interceptions, does anyone not understand this???
That's exactly like saying 10 is in the form of 5 and 5, just because 5+5=10.
lostcauses10x
Nov22-13, 06:26 PM
P: 94
"What do you mean with "ordered"?"
Poor choice of words on my part, I should say coordinates of input to output. This creates an ordered set which of course has to be done to create a usable graph.

Quote of mine: "Now when I say the input is in the form of two pure lines distinct in the pure form of reals and imaginaries, at right angle interceptions, does anyone not understand this???"

Quote of the reply statement:
"That's exactly like saying 10 is in the form of 5 and 5, just because 5+5=10."

Seems some folks here have not had basic complex analysis. The pure imaginarys are generally one of the first things taught. Maybe some leave out the concept.

I take it you can understand that the reals are a line. The pure imaginarys are a line. Both are subsets of the complex numbers. Only one point of the subsets of reals and imaginary union. That is at 0+0i
They cross at right angles at 0, or 0 in the full form of the complex number being 0+0i.

mfb you are nitpicking. Please keep doing such. It may prove to be very practical.
mfb
Nov22-13, 06:51 PM
Mentor
P: 12,081
This creates an ordered set
I don't think you mean ordered set.

Seems some folks here have not had basic complex analysis.
Be assured that I had more than just basic complex analysis.
lostcauses10x
Nov22-13, 07:24 PM
P: 94
"Be assured that I had more than just basic complex analysis."

Good.

your nit picking will be usfull maybe.
Now were was I...
Mark44
Nov22-13, 07:33 PM
Mentor
P: 21,402
"Be assured that I had more than just basic complex analysis."

Good.
You can use the Quote button to quote someone. What they said will be in a pair of [ quote=<username> ] and [ /quote ] HTML tags (without extra spaces).
your nit picking will be usfull maybe.
Now were was I...
Office_Shredder
Nov22-13, 09:05 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,500
This thread has gone sufficiently far off topic from the Riemann hypothesis, and it seems like goldust got his answer already.

Register to reply