Renew Contributorship Without PayPal Account?

• Thread starter Moonbear
  • Start date
In summary, the individual tried to renew their contributorship but encountered trouble with PayPal's changed policies. They used to be able to make a one-time transaction without signing up for an account, but now they can only pay if they sign up and have automatic renewals. They cancelled the transaction and questioned if there was a way to renew without setting up an account. They later realized the mistake and were able to successfully renew, but encountered a change in their contributor status. They joked about being "naked" without their cape and missing their partner.
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I just tried to renew my contributorship (in light of all the trouble lately, I know it's definitely needed), but PayPal has changed things. I used to be able to pay a one-time transaction without signing up for a PayPal account (I don't want one), but now it seems I can only pay if I sign up for a PayPal account, and then it says the subscription will automatically renew on the credit card I chose! Needless to say, I canceled the transaction, because I don't want anything being automatically charged to a credit card in the future, and I don't want PayPal storing my credit card information.

Is there a way to renew (or for those interested in becoming new contributors) without setting up a PayPal account and having automatic renewals?

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks, I'll try again. :smile:

Okay...PayPal is working...but I've suddenly turned back to yellow. :cry:

Edit: Phew! Glad that all got fixed! I was feeling so naked without my cape! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Moonbear said:
I was feeling so naked without my cape! :biggrin:
But I like you naked. Now what am I supposed to do until W gets back from her trip? :frown:

Just realized the drawback to marriage, huh? :rofl:

1. What is "Renew Contributorship Without PayPal Account"?

"Renew Contributorship Without PayPal Account" is a feature that allows individuals to continue contributing to a platform or organization without having to create a PayPal account. It provides an alternative method of payment for those who do not wish to use PayPal.

2. How does "Renew Contributorship Without PayPal Account" work?

When an individual chooses to renew their contributorship without a PayPal account, they will be directed to a page where they can enter their credit or debit card information. This information will then be securely processed and used to make the payment for their contributorship.

3. Is "Renew Contributorship Without PayPal Account" available for all platforms?

It depends on the platform or organization that offers contributorship. Some may have this feature available while others may not. It is best to check with the specific platform or organization to see if it is an option.

4. Are there any additional fees for using "Renew Contributorship Without PayPal Account"?

The fees for using this feature may vary depending on the platform or organization. Some may charge a small processing fee, while others may not charge any additional fees. It is important to check with the platform or organization for more information.

5. How secure is "Renew Contributorship Without PayPal Account"?

The security of this feature depends on the platform or organization that offers it. However, in general, credit and debit card information is securely processed and encrypted to protect personal information from being accessed by third parties.