Split my own derailment. was: Worst web sites, ever

• Thread starter enigma
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Split Web
In summary: But I'm going to go back to lurking now.In summary, Enigma is talking about a girl he's interested in and how he's been playing strip poker with her and losing badly. He's also been talking about her a lot and is starting to make his friends sick of him. He's also nervous about calling her. He got a voicemail and left a message. He's undecided on what type of pasta he prefers.
Valentine's doesn't have to mean lovey-dovey :yuck: (I understand your feeling on that one...people do go over the top, I mean, they pull out the little candy hearts in their avatars and everything :biggrin:) But, having a date for Valentine's day is sort of like having a date for the prom. You're happy to go out with someone who is just a friend or on a first date as long as you're not the only one who doesn't have a date. If anything, I think it helps take the pressure off a bit. But then, I'm not your typical woman when it comes to things like Valentine's day, so maybe I shouldn't give you advice when it comes to this.

But, we're talking about post-date follow-up. Friday night isn't Valentine's day yet, but if you hit it off and are interested in more dates, then swing by with or send her some flowers or a heart-shaped box of candy. Don't want to be too sickeningly lovey-dovey, then on the note, write something simple, like, "Enjoyed Friday night, looking forward to seeing you again."

Besides, if the whole idea of the holiday bothers you, then this is a really good way to find out early on, before it's more than just a few dates, if you have similar views on things like that. If you're not the sappy romantic who wants to gush over Hallmark-inspired holidays, and she would be furious to be home alone on Valentine's day because you're stuck in the lab working late on a weeknight, then it makes life easy to sort that out quickly.