Quantum transistors in aircraft aileron control systems

In summary, the article discusses the possible applications of quantum entanglement in aircraft flight control systems. The author asks for help with understanding how to use atomic transistors in microcontrollers, but does not explain what this would actually entail.
scumhearted
hello all, i need some help on this one. i want to do an article about the posible aplications of quantum entanglement in aircraft flight control systems. i want to entangle two transistors, put one of them at the ACE - actuator control electronics (probably) in the pilot's cabin and the other at the PIC microcontroler for the DC motor that powers the electric liniar actuator of the aileron. the problem is i don't know what to do with the atomic entangled transistors (where to put them, on what chip, where etc). please help

Physics news on Phys.org
Er... back up a bit.

How does one entangle two transistors? Shouldn't you establish the physics of this first before writing about the application?

Zz.

well, the real issue for me is using in a microcontroler those atomic entangled transistors, what is the function of the transistors. i could use a scheme for the microcontroler with the atomic transistors. as for the entanglement process i think this is enough for me for now as the above issue seems to be more problematic at the moment: "bombarding a three-dimensional crystal with microwave and radio frequency pulses to create the entangled pairs. " http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/25/science/25spin.html?_r=0

scumhearted said:
well, the real issue for me is using in a microcontroler those atomic entangled transistors, what is the function of the transistors. i could use a scheme for the microcontroler with the atomic transistors. as for the entanglement process i think this is enough for me for now as the above issue seems to be more problematic at the moment: "bombarding a three-dimensional crystal with microwave and radio frequency pulses to create the entangled pairs. " http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/25/science/25spin.html?_r=0

It is always dangerous to extrapolate what you read here without understanding what actually occurred.

Note that nothing in the paper talked about entangling the transistors! There is an entanglement of the nuclei of the doped semiconductor with the electrons, yes, but this is FAR from entangling the whole macroscopic transistor setup! That is why I asked you to back up a bit, because it appears that you've understood this incorrectly.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
It is always dangerous to extrapolate what you read here without understanding what actually occurred.

Note that nothing in the paper talked about entangling the transistors! There is an entanglement of the nuclei of the doped semiconductor with the electrons, yes, but this is FAR from entangling the whole macroscopic transistor setup! That is why I asked you to back up a bit, because it appears that you've understood this incorrectly.

Zz.
hey 10x for the help on this one. am really having a tough break this time. what u think of this article? http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2012/02/sa-transistor/ have no idea how i could use the atomic transistor. i want one on the microcontroller of the pilot's stick's dc motor and one on the microcontroller of the dc motor of the aileron's actuator. any help on this?

1. What are quantum transistors?

Quantum transistors are electronic devices that use the principles of quantum mechanics to control the flow of electricity. They are made of materials that exhibit quantum behavior, such as superconductors or semiconductors.

2. How are quantum transistors different from traditional transistors?

Traditional transistors use the flow of electrons to control the flow of electricity, while quantum transistors use the properties of individual atoms to do the same. This allows them to operate at much faster speeds and with greater precision.

3. What is the benefit of using quantum transistors in aircraft aileron control systems?

By using quantum transistors in aircraft aileron control systems, the response time and accuracy of the control system can be greatly improved. This can lead to smoother flights and better control of the aircraft.

4. Are there any potential risks or challenges associated with using quantum transistors in aircraft aileron control systems?

The main challenge with using quantum transistors in aircraft aileron control systems is ensuring their reliability and durability in high altitude and extreme temperature conditions. Additionally, there may be security concerns with the use of advanced technology in critical aircraft systems.

5. How do quantum transistors contribute to the advancement of aerospace technology?

Quantum transistors have the potential to greatly enhance the performance and capabilities of aircraft control systems, leading to safer and more efficient flights. They also pave the way for further advancements in quantum technology for aerospace applications.