Tags: flocal, model, noscale, term
Share this thread:
ChrisVer
Jun19-14, 07:01 PM
P: 919
In case you have the Kahler and super- potential [itex]K,W[/itex]:

[itex] K(T,S,C) = -log (S +S^{*}) -3 log ( T+ T^{*} - C C^{*}) [/itex]
[itex] W(T,S,C)= C^{3} + d e^{-aS} +b [/itex]

with [itex]T,S,C[/itex] chiral super fields, [itex]b,d[/itex] complex numbers and [itex]a>0[/itex].
I tried to calculate the local F-terms arising from this. The local F-terms for the i-th chiral superfield are given by:

[itex] F_{i}= D_{i}W = K_{i}W + W_{i}[/itex]

where in the rhs the index i denotes the derivative wrt to the i-th field. eg [itex]W_{S}=\frac{\partial W}{\partial S}[/itex]

However I'm having a slight problem with the particular derivative. See what I mean...taking it:

[itex] F_{S}= K_{S} W + W_{S} = - \frac{C^{3} + d e^{-aS} +b}{S+S^{*}} -d a e^{-aS}[/itex]

correct?
On the other hand, if I try to work with the covariant derivative wrt to the conjugate fields:

[itex] F^{*}_{S}= D_{S^{*}} W^{*} = K_{S^{*}} W^{*} + W_{S^{*}} [/itex]
I don't get the complex conjugate of the above. Because in this case
[itex]W_{S^{*}}=0[/itex]
and so:

[itex] F^{*}_{S}= - \frac{(C^{3} + d e^{-aS} +b)^{*}}{S+S^{*}}[/itex]

what's the problem?
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Engineers develop new sensor to detect tiny individual nanoparticles
Tiny particles have big potential in debate over nuclear proliferation
Ray tracing and beyond
ChrisVer
Jun19-14, 07:05 PM
P: 919
Ah found the mistake.... again by writing in LaTeX it became obvious- In the F* equation I needed the W* derivative as the second term...
However
In the case of [itex]F[/itex] let's say... How can I see if its module squared is simultaneously zero or not?

[itex] |F_{T}|^{2}= \frac{9}{(T+T^{*} - CC^{*})^{2}} |C^{3}+ d e^{-aS} +b |^{2} [/itex]

[itex] |F_{S}|^{2}= | \frac{C^{3} + d e^{-aS} +b}{S+S^{*}} + d a e^{-aS}|^{2} [/itex]

[itex] |F_{C}|^{2}= | \frac{3 C^{*} (C^{3}+d e^{-aS} +b)}{T+T^{*}-CC^{*}} +3 C^{2}|^{2} [/itex]

Register to reply