Preparing for MSc in IIT - Reshma

• Thread starter Reshma
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Msc
In summary: Regarding IIT-JAM book,There are many books that can help you prepare for the IIT-JAM. However, I cannot list them all here. You can find more information about the books here: http://www.iitb.ac.in/~jam/index.html. Alternatively, you can contact one of the IITians here who may be able to help you.
Reshma
Hi..

Is anyone preparing for MSc in IIT? If so PLEASE write to me. Eagerly waiting for a favourable reply...

Reshma

Physics news on Phys.org
i'm in iit b thru jam-- what u want to know?

Could you clarify what exactly the acronym MSC means?

Masters in Science i think..

It is Masters in Science.It should be written as MSc though.

Hi

bombhola said:

Hi..

I would like to know what are the preparations required for JAM?

Typo!

graphic7 said:
Could you clarify what exactly the acronym MSC means?
Sorry for the typo. It is "MSc".

since u don't get to see previous yr's q. paper- i'd advise u to sit for as many competitive exams--e.g. JEST 2005, IISc, JNU entrance exam etc. as u can-- so that u get acquianted with their question types. exams r formula based-- I'm sorry to say u need to mug them up first! enroll for JEST immediately-- it's date may already be over-- after that there are some books which u'll have to go thru-- like griffiths, kleppner etc.

imran

yaa reshma.hai there.iam also preparing for iit jam(phy).if u r interested u can mail me to imswe2dream@yahoo.co.in :smile: byebye

query about jam

bombhola said:
hi...
iam preparing for iit(jam) phy.can u kindly give me the books i have to go through...
or u can just mail me to imswe2dream@yahoo.co.in
thanks for a lending hand. :smile:

hi reshma

I was searchin for info on iit jam and jnu exams. Would you mind sendin me info on these.

WTF ! can't somebody ditch those acronyms?

ooooooooooops

misogynisticfeminist said:
WTF ! can't somebody ditch those acronyms?

its master of sciencs
then indian institute of technology
and joint admission test to MSc

guess u don't have to b a rocket scientist to c what's for what

bye

harish_suresh said:
guess u don't have to b a rocket scientist to c what's for what

No, we jst hv to b indian! :rofl:

hai reshma

Reshma said:
Hi..

Is anyone preparing for MSc in IIT? If so PLEASE write to me. Eagerly waiting for a favourable reply...

Reshma
i am preparing please help me

help me reshma
i have no idea abt the exam

i am waiting for ur reply

ahhh ...are u sure..By the way i too an IITIAN..doing engg. in CSE but i hope Reshma will guide u better

I am quite amused at the mixed responses I got in this thread. Anyway, this is a useful link for people interested in JAM: http://www.iitb.ac.in/~jam/index.html
If anyone is over here is preparing for JAM, you can PM me. I wonder how much help I can be of since I'll be taking this exam only next year, anyway glad to be of any help.

Also are there any IITians here who can be resourceful for students preparing for JAM?

there is 1 more user:himanshu121 here who is in AerospaceEngg. in IIT K besides me

HELP ME! me started prep for jam due next yr... currently in final yr physics... seriously requirin some hlp... so eagerly awaitin reply... :)

hey pls hlp me with JEST... which univ conducts this...? & howz it?

Hi Reshma

Reshma said:
Hi..

Reshma
hi
reshma how r u me too going to appear for vJAM(2005)
SEND ME ANY INFORMATION ABOUT IT

Here i am preparing for iit jam

hai i am preparing for iit jam but i have a problem i don't have a proper guidance and i need to know about the model papers of iit jam physics . if you have please send me.
Reshma said:
Hi..

Reshma

HEY COULD NEONE OF U INTELLIGENT & FRIENDLY PPLE PLS ADVISE ME ANY TOPIC WHICH I CAN UNDERTAKE FOR A PROJECT WRK... BEING IN iii YR PHYSICS I GOTTA MAKE ONE & ACTUALLY I WANT IT TO ADD SOME WEIGHT TO MY RESUME IN THE END OF THE YR SO AS TO APPLY TO UNIVERSITIES FOR PST GRAD... PLS HEEELLLP... :)

Regarding IIT-JAM book

Hi Reshma,
Can u pls tell me are there any specific books on IIT-JAM exam for Physics and Mathematics? If yes, can u please send me the titles and authors of the books. Or pls suggest me how to prepare for that exam.
Please send me the details to this mail id :
ravendra@triad-india.com

Thanks and regards,
Ravendra

bombhola said:
can u pls suggest me some books for Physics and mathematics for preparing IIT-JAM.

Thanks,
Ravendra

Hello,

I am also planning to prepare for IIT JAM 2006, could anyone help with any information on books/ kind of preparation etc?My email id is 'gauri.anand@gmail.com'

Thanks

Important Announcement

All those who are planning to appear for JAM 2006, note that the application forms are available and last date of submission is 23rd December 2005 and the exam is on 26th March 2006.
Look for details in this site http://jam.iitd.ac.in/index.html [Broken].
Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reshma said:
All those who are planning to appear for JAM 2006, note that the application forms are available and last date of submission is 23rd December 2005 and the exam is on 26th March 2006.
Look for details in this site http://jam.iitd.ac.in/index.html [Broken].
Good luck!
The thing that sucks most is that Phyiscs students are required to have taken TWO years/four sems of maths, while we had maths only in the first year. Think they'll let me write the exam? :grumpy:
OTOH, http://203.200.55.110/" will have a separate paper for students with a B.Sc (for Physics only). Isn't that amazing! :approve:

Last edited by a moderator:
neutrino said:
The thing that sucks most is that Phyiscs students are required to have taken TWO years/four sems of maths, while we had maths only in the first year.
Although I had taken 4 semesters of maths, it isn't adequate for JAM syllabus.
Mathematical Methods: Calculus of single and multiple variables, partial derivatives, Jacobian, imperfect and perfect differentials, Taylor expansion, Fourier series. Vector algebra, Vector Calculus, Multiple integrals, Divergence theorem, Green’s theorem, Stokes’ theorem. First and linear second order differential equations. Matrices and determinants, Algebra of complex numbers.
I can manage most of the calculus and vector analysis part but I haven't touched Tensor analysis and Fourier series since we were never taught these topics.:grumpy: I'm doomed!

Last edited:
Reshma said:
Although I had taken 4 semesters of maths, it isn't adequate for JAM syllabus.
I can manage most of the calculus and vector analysis part but I haven't touched Tensor analysis and Fourier series since we were never taught these topics.:grumpy: I'm doomed!
Neither were we (a bit of Fourier series, but due to "bad teaching" and time constraint, I could understand none of the topics). I'm currently using Boas' book (after reading ZapperZ's STRONG recommendations) to take me through the maths for physics. Not touched upon Fourier series, yet. Just over three months to go, I'll try to get in as much as possible (i.e. if I write the test :tongue2: )! Also, I'm not sure if they really teach tensor algebra/calculus in the UG syllabus in India. :uhh:

hai,
i am syamala, i trying to get information about iit-jam preparation for my bro-in-law. please kindly help me out. suggest me books for physics. any good institutes for iit-jam in physics in hyderabad. mail me to syam_lolla@yahoo.co.in.
thanks.

can u pls suggest me some books for Physics iit jam.

<h2>1. What is the eligibility criteria for MSc in IIT?</h2><p>The eligibility criteria for MSc in IIT varies depending on the specific program and institute. Generally, candidates must have a bachelor's degree in a related field with a minimum percentage or CGPA requirement. Some institutes also require a valid score in national level entrance exams such as JAM or JEST.</p><h2>2. How can I prepare for the entrance exams for MSc in IIT?</h2><p>To prepare for the entrance exams, it is important to have a thorough understanding of the syllabus and exam pattern. Practice previous year's question papers and take mock tests to improve your time management and test-taking skills. It is also recommended to refer to standard textbooks and study materials recommended by experts.</p><h2>3. What are the career opportunities after completing MSc in IIT?</h2><p>Completing MSc in IIT opens up various career opportunities in both academia and industry. Graduates can pursue research positions in top universities and institutes, work as scientists in research organizations, or opt for careers in industries such as pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, and data analytics.</p><h2>4. How can I secure admission in IIT for MSc?</h2><p>To secure admission in IIT for MSc, you must first meet the eligibility criteria and appear for the entrance exams. After the results are announced, you can apply for admission to the desired institute by filling out the application form and submitting the required documents. The final selection is based on your entrance exam scores, academic performance, and performance in the interview, if applicable.</p><h2>5. What is the scope of MSc in IIT in the future?</h2><p>MSc in IIT provides a strong foundation for further studies and research in the field of science and technology. It also equips students with the necessary skills and knowledge to excel in various industries. With the increasing demand for skilled professionals in the science and technology sector, the scope for MSc in IIT graduates is expected to grow in the future.</p>

1. What is the eligibility criteria for MSc in IIT?

The eligibility criteria for MSc in IIT varies depending on the specific program and institute. Generally, candidates must have a bachelor's degree in a related field with a minimum percentage or CGPA requirement. Some institutes also require a valid score in national level entrance exams such as JAM or JEST.

2. How can I prepare for the entrance exams for MSc in IIT?

To prepare for the entrance exams, it is important to have a thorough understanding of the syllabus and exam pattern. Practice previous year's question papers and take mock tests to improve your time management and test-taking skills. It is also recommended to refer to standard textbooks and study materials recommended by experts.

3. What are the career opportunities after completing MSc in IIT?

Completing MSc in IIT opens up various career opportunities in both academia and industry. Graduates can pursue research positions in top universities and institutes, work as scientists in research organizations, or opt for careers in industries such as pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, and data analytics.

4. How can I secure admission in IIT for MSc?

To secure admission in IIT for MSc, you must first meet the eligibility criteria and appear for the entrance exams. After the results are announced, you can apply for admission to the desired institute by filling out the application form and submitting the required documents. The final selection is based on your entrance exam scores, academic performance, and performance in the interview, if applicable.

5. What is the scope of MSc in IIT in the future?

MSc in IIT provides a strong foundation for further studies and research in the field of science and technology. It also equips students with the necessary skills and knowledge to excel in various industries. With the increasing demand for skilled professionals in the science and technology sector, the scope for MSc in IIT graduates is expected to grow in the future.