Christmas Cookies for Brian Whipple - Send Now!

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Christmas
In summary, Brian Whipple wants some Christmas cookies, but doesn't want any arsenic because it will kill the worms. He also wants cyanide, but doesn't want to kill the worms. The cookies should be arriving any day now, and he is trying to start baking them, but he is having trouble getting them to the people who are supposed to get them. He also has a problem getting his car up the hill and is trying to come up with a plan to get back down.
tribdog
I'm not joking here, I want some Christmas cookies. you can send them to the following address:
Brian Whipple
524 W. Main St Apt 117
Mesa, AZ 85201
Thanks so much. No arsenic please

Physics news on Phys.org
But the arsenic will kill the worms!

How bout cyanide?

I still want to know who got the big batch of cookies I sent you last year! :grumpy:

tribdog said:
I'm not joking here, I want some Christmas cookies. you can send them to the following address:
Brian Whipple
524 W. Main St Apt 117
Mesa, AZ 85201
Thanks so much. No arsenic please
How do we know Brian Whipple isn't your diabetic neighbor with no will power you're trying to kill?

The "No arsenic please" request would have been pretty pointless if he wanted to make sure you did the job right.

matthyaouw said:
The "No arsenic please" request would have been pretty pointless
That was a 'wink-wink, nudge-nudge' kind of request. He wants arsenic.

matthyaouw said:
The "No arsenic please" request would have been pretty pointless if he wanted to make sure you did the job right.
That's not "right" just thorough. "Right" is when the authorities suspect no foul play.

http://images.google.es/images?q=tbn:6YwQxKcvYL0J:schoolweb.psdschools.org/ph
http://images.google.es/images?q=tbn:HjO7aATArT4J:photos1.flickr.com/2500425_2

Last edited by a moderator:
you shouldda said that before i gave all my cookies away! maybe i'll make some more if i visit anytime soon eh?!

wow, this thread almost died. Can't let that happen. Those cookies should be arriving any day now.

I've started baking Christmas cookies, and had every intention of dropping some in the mail to you, but I'm not even sure I can get the ones I have to the people who are supposed to get them here...whoever does the plowing around here does a rotten job (I'd have to send myself a warning if I used the words I really want to use there), and the drive up to my row of townhouses is a pure sheet of ice. My car is parked by the lower row (and I'm just hoping nobody runs into it...what's the point of having a garage if I can't get my car into it on a cold night like this), and then I had to hike up a near vertical incline with the groceries and my laptop case because it was the only spot that was just grassy and snow-covered instead of packed ice. Needless to say, the person renting this place got a call the moment I got in the door explaining that not only can I not get my car up here, I nearly broke my neck just walking up! So, I don't think I'm getting cookies out to the post-office tomorrow as planned. :frown:

Moonbear said:
whoever does the plowing around here does a rotten job
Oh, I HATE ice! That stinks MB! :mad:

I bought a pair of those ice gripper cleats that you pull on over your shoes. Evo can tap dance on a block of ice in those things. :approve:

That won't help you if you can't even make it up your drive though. :devil:

Trib, get the flame throwing trebuchet, we're going to pay MB's landlord a visit. :approve:

Here MB, look here for some ideas to cope with ice. I have the Sure Foot Get-A-Grip ice grippers. I bought them somewhere else a couple of years ago.

http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/traccleatans.html

Last edited:
I've got the Yaktrax version shown in your link. They're incredible.

Danger said:
I've got the Yaktrax version shown in your link. They're incredible.
Yeah, the Yaktrax are nice, they came out after I got mine, I think.

Evo said:
Oh, I HATE ice! That stinks MB! :mad:
I bought a pair of those ice gripper cleats that you pull on over your shoes. Evo can tap dance on a block of ice in those things. :approve:
That won't help you if you can't even make it up your drive though. :devil:
Trib, get the flame throwing trebuchet, we're going to pay MB's landlord a visit. :approve:
Here MB, look here for some ideas to cope with ice. I have the Sure Foot Get-A-Grip ice grippers. I bought them somewhere else a couple of years ago.
http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/traccleatans.html

I might need a sled to get back to my car in the morning. I got up the hill nearly on all fours! I'm not sure how I'm going to get back down it. :uhh: And the people living at the bottom of the hill just sat there watching me! :cry: :mad: I'm trying to watch out the window to see if anyone else can get up the hill to find out if it's truly impassable, or if I need to get something with 4WD to get around here in winter. I think it counts as impassable when you can't even walk it. The tough part is that it's not only a steep hill, it's a curve too, so I can't just go at it at high speed to get enough momentum to carry me to the top with or without traction. I was nervous after the first snowfall when I realized that the boulders at the bottom of that hill probably aren't just decorative. I would rather have an ugly guardrail than boulders...those things look shaped just so the car would end up on top of them and do a lot of underbody damage instead of just denting a bumper.

Well, worse comes to worse, the person whose lab I work in lives just a few minutes up the road, and I'll just have to call him to pick me up at the entrance to my development. Otherwise, I better learn to do a combination of cross-country and downhill skiing to cut across the cattle pastures!

Hold on Moonbear, I'm sending the supersonic tiki mobile in after you! (It can also hold a dozen sheep)

CLAKITA CLAKITA CLAKITA

Attachments

• tiki mobile.jpg
    tiki mobile.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 298
Christmas Cookies? I think you mean Holiday cookies :smile:

I don't know where you found that, but I want one (and not just for the obvious reason). That centre tread strikes me as weird, though. It looks like it would mess up the steering.

oh, poor Moonie! I remember those icy WVU hills.:frown: I used to bust my tail on a regular basis walking the hill up to the fraternity houses (my boyfriend was a Fiji).

I was driving by a Honeybaked Ham store on the way home from work and I was half-tempted to stop in and get a gift certificate for tribdog and mail it to him.:biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:
I was driving by a Honeybaked Ham store on the way home from work and I was half-tempted to stop in and get a gift certificate for tribdog and mail it to him.:biggrin:
Are you going dyslexic, MIH? Don't you mean that you were tempted to get a honey gift certificate for that half-baked ham tribdog? :confused:

I know that was beneath my dignity, but he started it. :tongue:

Danger said:
Are you going dyslexic, MIH? Don't you mean that you were tempted to get a honey gift certificate for that half-baked ham tribdog? :confused:
I know that was beneath my dignity, but he started it. :tongue:
:rofl: Let me try again:

I was baked, honey, so I was tempted to get a gift certificate for that half-ham, Tribdog.

better?

Math Is Hard said:
oh, poor Moonie! I remember those icy WVU hills.:frown: I used to bust my tail on a regular basis walking the hill up to the fraternity houses (my boyfriend was a Fiji).
Yeah, they're pretty bad. I know they have a law school here, but they must not be very good, because they still never clear the ice off the stairs from the parking lots either. Yesterday was really fun :bugeye:...not only were the stairs icy, but the handrails were coated with ice too!

:rofl:

Math Is Hard said:
:rofl: Let me try again:
I was baked, honey, so I was tempted to get a gift certificate for that half-ham, Tribdog.
better?
:rofl: Even better! :rofl: Though, I'm sure tribdog is much more than half ham. :biggrin:

What are "Christmas Cookies for Brian Whipple - Send Now!"?

"Christmas Cookies for Brian Whipple - Send Now!" is a title of a recipe or a recipe book for making Christmas cookies that is specifically intended for Brian Whipple.

Who is Brian Whipple?

Brian Whipple is the person for whom the Christmas cookies are being made or the person for whom the recipe or recipe book is intended.

Why are these cookies specifically for Brian Whipple?

The cookies may be specifically for Brian Whipple because he may have a special dietary restriction or preference, or the cookies may be a gift for him.

How do I send the cookies?

The cookies can be sent through mail or delivered in person. If mailing, be sure to package the cookies securely and include a note or card with the recipient's name and address. If delivering in person, make sure to schedule a convenient time with Brian Whipple.

Can I modify the recipe for these cookies?

Yes, you can modify the recipe to suit your preferences or dietary restrictions. However, if the cookies are intended as a gift for Brian Whipple, it may be best to stick to the original recipe. You can also consider making an alternative batch of cookies for yourself with the modifications.