Need Help Drawing Electric Field & Equipotential Lines? Learn from Experts Here!

• Thread starter yazEE
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Drawing
In summary, the conversation is about someone seeking help with a project for their electromagnetics course. They need to draw the Electric field and equipotential lines for an Electric Dipole and a Two-wire Transmission Line. The person is unsure about the transmission line and is seeking clarification. They have a deadline of Thursday and have just discovered a forum where they hope to find help.
yazEE
Hey guys :biggrin: , lsn i have this project to do for my elecrtomagnetics course,I hope that someone can help me.
I have to draw the Electric field and equipotential lines for:
1-Electric Dipole
2-Two wire transmission line.

I have the electric dipole image in the book and i know it, but I am not sure about the transmission one.. is it similar to the dipole? (if viewed from the front?)
I really need help, i should hand it on thursday, and I've just found this forum..
thanks a lot :approve:

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, it is similar to the dipole in that view. Do you know why?

Thanks a lot man :smile:

What is the purpose of drawing E and V?

The purpose of drawing E and V is to visually represent the electric field (E) and voltage (V) of a given system. This can help in understanding the behavior and interactions of electric charges within the system.

How is the electric field (E) represented in a drawing?

The electric field (E) is represented by arrows that indicate the direction and strength of the field at different points in the system. The longer the arrow, the stronger the electric field at that point.

What does the spacing between the electric field (E) arrows indicate?

The spacing between the electric field (E) arrows indicates the strength of the field. Closer spacing indicates a stronger field, while wider spacing indicates a weaker field.

How is voltage (V) represented in a drawing?

Voltage (V) is represented by using different colors or shading to indicate areas of different voltage levels. The color or shading can also be used to show the direction of the voltage gradient.

What is the relationship between electric field (E) and voltage (V)?

The electric field (E) and voltage (V) are closely related. The electric field is the force per unit charge, while voltage is the electric potential energy per unit charge. The direction of the electric field is always from high voltage to low voltage.