Exploring Alternative Symbols for Change in Physics: A Forum Discussion

• Thread starter Brushhoopsy
  • Start date
In summary, this site is a great resource for information on physics. It is full of useful information, and I think it is important that people abide by the rules in order to keep the site safe and clean.
Brushhoopsy
www.physicsforums.com - Great site

I like your site - www.physicsforums.com .
Thank for your work for us!
I think it wasnt easy to post here so much information.

Regards

Swen

Physics news on Phys.org
It is a great site! I think many of us wish there were more like it.

Now, since the discussion went to the moderation again, I could ask one thing. Do you mentors and administrators, before taking action, find out the age of the person who is violating rules? I think it is important. You should be more tolerant to teenagers who are coming up with their own theories, than to adults.

EDIT: Haha. It seems the discussion didn't go into the moderation again, because the previous post just got deleted :)

jostpuur said:
Now, since the discussion went to the moderation again, I could ask one thing. Do you mentors and administrators, before taking action, find out the age of the person who is violating rules? I think it is important. You should be more tolerant to teenagers who are coming up with their own theories, than to adults.

I'm sure you can already guess how futile that would be. How does one verify the age in the first place? For all you know, I could be 12 years old and masquerading as a curmudgeon 45 year-old.

Secondly, I don't think we have to "dumb-down" the requirement that everyone should abide by the rules. In fact, in my personal opinion, the dumbing down of almost everything, from our standards to the quality of the source of information that we get, is the source of many of the problems that we face as a society. So to give a set of rules for "teenagers" and another for adults not only is an insult to the teens, but it also gives some of them the idea that they can get away with things. At some point, even these kids need to understand that their actions have consequences.

Having said that, we DO evaluate "incidents" on a case-by-case basis whenever it is appropriate.

Zz.

Thanks, Great Great Forum.

Hi, I'm a New member, I stumbled across this site randomly from Google looking for an Alternative Symbol apart from Delta (triangle) to symbolize Change.
This is because that symbol in Physics is already taken as the one for Pressure.
Although I didn't understand the information in the Thread I found, I had realized this site is full of Valuable information, that I need.

I unfortunately I changed my mind about a Degree, to take BSc ICT, oh well **** it I say, I have a year out doing Physics Intermediate and Pure Maths A level.
Hope I don't change my mind to do Engineering, I need Physics at Advanced for that!

Peace & thanks again.

1. What makes "You have - the best site" stand out from other websites?

"You have - the best site" stands out for its user-friendly interface, informative content, and regularly updated features. It also offers a wide range of topics and resources, making it a one-stop destination for all your needs.

2. Can I trust the information provided on "You have - the best site"?

Yes, "You have - the best site" is a reputable website that sources its information from reliable and credible scientific studies and experts. We also regularly fact-check and update our content to ensure its accuracy.

3. Is "You have - the best site" suitable for all ages?

Yes, while "You have - the best site" primarily caters to a scientific audience, it also offers content that is suitable for all ages. We strive to make our information accessible and engaging for everyone.

4. Can I contribute to "You have - the best site" by submitting my own research or articles?

Yes, "You have - the best site" welcomes contributions from scientists, researchers, and experts in various fields. You can submit your work for consideration through our contact page.

5. Is "You have - the best site" free to use?

Yes, "You have - the best site" is completely free to use. We believe in providing valuable scientific information to the public without any cost barriers.