Finding Inspiration for Future of Physics: Tips & Ideas

• Thread starter Lavace
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker talks about how they are inspired by Physics and how it has helped them in the past. They ask for advice on what to write about for their personal statement and are given some suggestions. They mention that they want to help solve problems in the world and that is a difficult goal to achieve in only one lifetime.
Lavace
I'm trying to write my personal statement for Physics (applying to university for it).

And, I'm on the part of, what does the FUTURE of Physics hold for me.
And I'm at a loss.

I talked about how Physics and Maths had inspired me at Primary School, Secondary School, and the present, College. But the future?
I have no idea!
All I know is, I love to understand how the world and universe works. The main parts of Physics that appeals the most, is the Mechanical Aspects.

Can some people give me some sort of speech or something of the sort for a tad of inspiration?
Such as, some advanced topics of Mechanics (University) I can read over and then talk about?

Or perhaps a simplified explanation of Quantum Mechanics?

Thanks a bunch.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Why do you want to go into physics instead of engineering?

Because Physics explores everything within the world, which is something I value a lot higher then just engineering.

Also, Quantum Theories and Mechanics I find really interesting too. Even Radation and such I find interesting.

And that question gave me the last paragraph fo the Statement, thanks aha.

But still stuck on the Future.

What problems in the world would you like to help solve? What would you consider to be the purpose of physics? And what would you like to accomplish with your life?

Hmm.
That was REALLY good. Have you helped people before with this?
I now have 3 more things to write about.

Anything else you can ask me to give me something to write about?

The only thing is what I'd like to help solve in the world. Thats a difficult one, so much, in only one lifetime.

Look at the research pages of the guys at the uni you're applying for, read the abstracts of their papers, try to find out what they're working on, think of possible future implications their work might have. Perhaps their ground breaking methodologies might shed new light on some "holy grail" you'd like to uncover?

Do you love doing Physics type jobs and why- what drives you to love it? This may seem a bit remedial but "brainstorming" with the bubble and the lines help a bunch.

1. What is the importance of finding inspiration for the future of physics?

Finding inspiration for the future of physics is crucial because it drives scientific progress and innovation. By seeking out new ideas and approaches, scientists can push the boundaries of current knowledge and make groundbreaking discoveries.

2. Where can I find inspiration for the future of physics?

Inspiration can come from various sources such as reading scientific literature, attending conferences and seminars, collaborating with other scientists, and even exploring other disciplines like art and philosophy.

3. How can I generate new ideas for future physics research?

One way to generate new ideas is to constantly question and challenge current theories and assumptions. Additionally, collaborating with other scientists and seeking out diverse perspectives can also lead to new and innovative ideas.

4. How can I stay motivated and inspired in the field of physics?

It is important to remember your passion for physics and the impact your work can have on society. Surrounding yourself with like-minded individuals and taking breaks to explore other interests can also help to keep you motivated and inspired.

5. What are some tips for finding inspiration for the future of physics?

Some tips include staying up-to-date with current research, attending workshops and conferences, seeking out mentors and collaborators, and taking breaks to engage in activities outside of physics to stimulate creativity.