Stop Post Subscriptions | Threads

• Thread starter NeoDevin
  • Start date
In summary, to prevent receiving email notifications for new posts in a thread, go to User CP > Edit Options > Default Thread Subscription Mode and change it to "Do not subscribe." Alternatively, you can still subscribe but turn off the email notification in the edit options page. This way, you can still keep track of interesting threads without being constantly notified via email.
NeoDevin
Is there any way to make the default when posting in a thread not to subscribe? My email inbox gets clogged with all these new post notifications because I always forget to uncheck the box for subscribing. I check back here every day, I don't need the thread subscriptions to find out whether there's new posts or not.

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Try this:

User CP > Edit Options > Default Thread Subscription Mode (In Messaging & Notification).

Change mode to "Do not subscribe"

Or you can still subscribe but turn off the e-mail notification. Also in the edit options page.

Kurdt said:
Or you can still subscribe but turn off the e-mail notification. Also in the edit options page.

I use this. It's much less annoying. This way, you can still keep track of interesting threads, but PF won't bug you with emails.

Thanks Guys!

1. What is the purpose of "Stop Post Subscriptions | Threads"?

"Stop Post Subscriptions | Threads" is a feature that allows users to stop receiving notifications for new posts or replies in a specific thread or discussion forum. This can help prevent inbox overload and allow users to focus on relevant and important discussions.

2. How do I use "Stop Post Subscriptions | Threads"?

To use this feature, simply click on the "Stop Post Subscriptions" button in the thread or forum you wish to unsubscribe from. This will remove you from the notification list and you will no longer receive any updates for that particular thread.

3. Can I turn off notifications for all threads?

Yes, you can turn off notifications for all threads by going to your account settings and adjusting your notification preferences. This will prevent you from receiving any notifications for new posts or replies in any thread or forum.

4. Will I still be able to access the thread after unsubscribing?

Yes, unsubscribing from a thread will not remove your ability to access it. You will still be able to view the thread and participate in discussions, but you will no longer receive notifications for new posts or replies.

5. Can I re-subscribe to a thread after using "Stop Post Subscriptions | Threads"?

Yes, you can re-subscribe to a thread at any time by clicking on the "Subscribe" button in the thread or forum. This will add you back to the notification list and you will start receiving updates for that thread again.