Troubleshooting Email Notification Issues for Subscribed Threads

• Thread starter kenewbie
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses an issue with receiving email notifications for replies to a thread, despite having the "Notification on subscribed threads" setting set to "No email". The suggested solution is to check the individual notification settings for each subscribed thread and change them accordingly. It is also mentioned that changing the default thread subscription mode may help. There is also a suggestion to try unsubscribing from the thread as another potential solution.
kenewbie
I'm getting an email sent on each and every reply to a thread "I am in" even though I have set the "Notification on subscribed threads" setting to "No email".

Any ideas? I can't seem to find anything else related in the settings.

k

Physics news on Phys.org
Perhaps the threads you subscribed to when you did have e-mail notification enabled are still set to send an e-mail for every reply. If you check your subscribed threads (which you can access from the quick links drop down menu at the top right of the page) you will be able to see which one have notification enabled in the column next to the check boxes. You can then change the notification type of individual threads by using th check boxes and the drop down menu at the bottom of the subscribed threads list.

At the top left of the forum, find User CP.

User CP (Control Panel) > Settings & Options (Edit Options) > Messaging & Notification

Review the Default Thread Subscription Mode - and select the appropriate option.

Austronuc: Already did that, I'm still getting emails (see below)

Kurdt: Seems you are correct, a change to the notification settings are not retroactive. You solution worked great though, I can switch for individual threads.

Thanks for helping.

k

kenewbie said:
Austronuc: Already did that, I'm still getting emails (see below)

Kurdt: Seems you are correct, a change to the notification settings are not retroactive. You solution worked great though, I can switch for individual threads.

Thanks for helping.

k
I believe there is a provision to unsubscribe from a thread. Perhaps one can try that if the settings is not retroactive.

1. Why am I not receiving email notifications?

There could be several reasons for this issue. First, check your spam or junk folder to make sure the notifications are not being filtered there. Additionally, check your email settings to ensure that notifications are not being blocked. If the issue persists, contact your email provider for further assistance.

2. How can I change the frequency of my email notifications?

To change the frequency of your email notifications, you will need to access your account settings. Look for an option to manage notifications or email preferences. From there, you can select the frequency at which you would like to receive notifications.

3. Why am I receiving duplicate email notifications?

Duplicate email notifications can occur if you have multiple email addresses associated with your account. Check your account settings to ensure that you have not accidentally added the same email address more than once. If this is not the case, contact the technical support team for further assistance.

4. How can I stop receiving email notifications?

To stop receiving email notifications, you will need to adjust your notification settings. Look for an option to manage notifications or email preferences in your account settings. From there, you can select the option to turn off all email notifications.

5. Why am I receiving email notifications for someone else's account?

This could be due to a mistake in your email address being linked to the wrong account. Contact the technical support team to resolve this issue and make sure that your email address is only associated with your own account.