Can Asking Questions Lead to Learning on This Forum?

• Thread starter rab99
  • Start date
In summary, the purpose of this forum is to learn about Special & General Relativity and through the posts, the speaker has gained a lot of knowledge about the topic. They believe that learning cannot be done without asking questions and challenging answers. They also mention the possibility of being kicked off the forum for their learning methods and express their belief that the forum is a dictatorship. Additionally, they clarify that their posts are not stating their own theories but rather asking for analysis. The conversation then shifts to someone questioning the speaker's desire to learn and the speaker mentioning their belief that they already know the science is wrong. The speaker is reminded that the US constitutional right to free speech does not apply in this privately owned service.
rab99
Another purpose of this forum is to learn about Special & General Relativity by my posts I have learned a lot about this topic. I find it impossible to learn about a topic wihtout asking questions by way of example or challengin an answer.

If I am breaching the rules of this forum by learning through this method then by all means kick me off. If you do kick me off I would be happy to go as obviosuly freedom of speech is not encouraged here which I beleiev breaches severl US statutes and the US consitiution, and this forum is really just a dictatorship "accept what I say or go"

You will note in all my posts I have never said the post was my theory I simply post an example and ask if my analysis is wrong. People on this forum are completely at liberty to reply or ignore so if you think my posts are wasting your time fine don't reply, don't even read them

Physics news on Phys.org
It would help if you just asked questions about what would happen in a given scenario rather than present your own suggested answers which contradict SR.

rab99 said:
Another purpose of this forum is to learn about Special & General Relativity by my posts I have learned a lot about this topic. I find it impossible to learn about a topic wihtout asking questions by way of example or challengin an answer.

If I am breaching the rules of this forum by learning through this method then by all means kick me off. If you do kick me off I would be happy to go as obviosuly freedom of speech is not encouraged here which I beleiev breaches severl US statutes and the US consitiution, and this forum is really just a dictatorship "accept what I say or go"

You will note in all my posts I have never said the post was my theory I simply post an example and ask if my analysis is wrong. People on this forum are completely at liberty to reply or ignore so if you think my posts are wasting your time fine don't reply, don't even read them

When you say something like:

Im persistent because I know at the core of my being the science is wrong

.. this is NOT a sign of somebody who wants to learn. You have ALREADY made up your mind about this. So don't look as if you're the innocent party here.

Zz.

By the way, this argument comes up again and again, so I want to make this clear: the US constitutional right to free speech doesn't apply here, because this is a privately owned service. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason, just like any other privately owned establishment. Your argument is a red herring.

- Warren

ZapperZ said:
.. this is NOT a sign of somebody who wants to learn. You have ALREADY made up your mind about this. So don't look as if you're the innocent party here.

Zz.
Reminds me of something mentioned by Epictetus - "It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows". Or perhaps in this case, "it is impossible to learn if one thinks one already knows."

What is the purpose of this forum?

The purpose of this forum is to provide a platform for scientists to share knowledge, ideas, and research findings with each other in order to advance scientific knowledge and solve real-world problems.

Who can participate in this forum?

Any scientist or individual interested in science can participate in this forum. It is open to all who are passionate about scientific discovery and collaboration.

What topics can be discussed in this forum?

The forum is open to discussions on a wide range of scientific topics, including but not limited to biology, chemistry, physics, environmental science, and technology. As long as the discussion is related to science, it is welcome in this forum.

How can I contribute to this forum?

There are many ways to contribute to this forum. You can share your own research findings, participate in discussions, ask questions, provide feedback, and collaborate with other scientists. Your contributions can help to advance scientific knowledge and inspire others in the scientific community.

Is there a code of conduct for this forum?

Yes, there is a code of conduct for this forum. We expect all participants to engage in respectful and professional behavior, refrain from personal attacks, and adhere to ethical standards in their contributions. Any violation of the code of conduct may result in removal from the forum.