What is absolute reference pressure and absolute reference temperature

In summary, "absolute reference pressure and absolute reference temperature" are parameters used in measuring compressed air flow rate. Absolute reference pressure is measured with respect to a vacuum and may involve subtracting atmospheric pressure. Absolute reference temperature is measured in Kelvin with respect to absolute zero. Relative pressure and temperature are measured in relation to a "standard environment."
Su Solberg
What is "absolute reference pressure and absolute reference temperature"

I am doinf a test about compressed air flow rate.
There is a parameter called absolute reference pressure and absolute reference temperature.
Are they 1.01bar and 273+20K?

Science news on Phys.org

Those what you wrote 273+25 and 1.01bar are the called "standard" state,
There is another one called the "normal" state which is 273 and 1.01,
I don't know absolute can mean here.., probably one of the above two...

Not sure but would relative pressure be a pressure relative to an absolute pressure, i.e absolute pressure "being that of space".. conventionally 0 Pa due to a void of particles..Although it does depend what kind of pressure you are talking about, space itself being is probably some form of energy resulting in a pressure "off" space. But i suppose that may beside the point.
In your case, in the test, i would say the reference pressure is with respect to a vacuum. If the atmospheric pressure is adding to the absolute pressure, then you would have to substract the atm pressure (101.3 KPa ) from the relative pressure in order to obtain the absolute pressure (with respect to vacuum). The absolute reference pressure may be directly measured with respect to the vacuum by creating a vacuum.
As for temperature, along the same lines i would say absolute temperature is temperature in kelvin, i.e with respect to absolute zero.
As for : Are they 1.01bar and 273+20K? These would be relative pressure and temperature, relative to a "standard environment".
May be wrong though..

Does that help at all?

What is absolute reference pressure?

Absolute reference pressure, also known as absolute pressure, is a measure of the total pressure exerted by a gas or liquid, including the pressure exerted by the atmosphere. It is typically measured in units of pascals (Pa) or bars (bar).

What is absolute reference temperature?

Absolute reference temperature, also known as absolute temperature, is a measure of the temperature of a substance in relation to absolute zero, the theoretical temperature at which all molecular motion stops. It is typically measured in units of kelvins (K) or degrees Rankine (°R).

How is absolute reference pressure measured?

Absolute reference pressure can be measured using a variety of instruments, including barometers, manometers, and pressure transducers. These instruments measure the force applied by the gas or liquid on a known surface area, and this force is then converted into a pressure reading.

What is the relationship between absolute reference pressure and atmospheric pressure?

Atmospheric pressure is the pressure exerted by the Earth's atmosphere at a certain location. Absolute reference pressure includes the atmospheric pressure in its measurement, so it is always higher than atmospheric pressure. In fact, absolute reference pressure is equal to atmospheric pressure plus gauge pressure (the pressure exerted by a gas or liquid in addition to atmospheric pressure).

Why is it important to use absolute reference pressure and temperature in scientific measurements?

Using absolute reference pressure and temperature allows for more accurate and consistent measurements, as they are not affected by changes in atmospheric conditions. This is especially important in scientific experiments and calculations, where precise measurements are crucial.