What do a nerd looks for in a girl?

• Thread starter cybervenus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Girl
In summary, the conversation discusses what a nerd might look for in a girl and which features are most important to them. Some suggest that a nerd may be interested in someone who shares their passion for science and math, while others joke about wanting a partner who is willing to do hands-on experiments and enjoys simple activities like painting toenails and eating chocolates. The conversation also touches on stereotypes and the idea that not all scientists are nerds. Overall, there is no clear answer as everyone has their own preferences.
cybervenus
What do a nerd looks for in a girl? Which features are most important?

cybervenus.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hmmm... I believe we already had a thread like this.

You wouldn't happen to be a bot would you? ;-p
We've had ones lately that copy and repost bits of members posts.

If not I'll see if I can find that thread.

Someone that's teaches math or science, or even better yet, a NASA engineer, or even more incredible yet, someone who's been both a science teacher and a NASA engineer.

But, you really want more than just your typical female NASA engineer. You want someone willing to do some hands experimentation on the efect the angular momentum generated through contra dancing has on the Earth's rotation. And someone interested in fluid dynamics and willing to do some hands on experimenting on Class IV or Class V rapids on the river. Someone you can share an evening with just sitting around figuring out how to take the Fourier transform of her cat (the Fourier transform part is pretty easy - the hard part is defining the cat's shape with a Legendre polynomial).

And, of course, they have to enjoy the simple things in life. You know, things like sitting around getting their toenails painted while feeding each other Godiva chocolates.

cybervenus said:

cybervenus.

grammar?

CocoonOHorror said:
grammar?

I thought women that nit pick grammar would be something to avoid?

TheStatutoryApe said:
I thought women that nit pick grammar would be something to avoid?

nit-pick has a hyphen. :tongue:

do you allude to my grammar? I'm sorry but I'm not american. I'm an italian student, looking for informations about nerds and their interests, in particular whitin girls. I'm doing an assignnment for university.

Thread Locked.

cybervenus said:

cybervenus.

I don't know, why don't you tell us? :wink:

cybervenus said:
do you allude to my grammar? I'm sorry but I'm not american. I'm an italian student, looking for informations about nerds and their interests, in particular whitin girls. I'm doing an assignnment for university.

yeah, but I am just funnin' ya! I am a nerd, and I am mostly into pretty faces and hot bodies. hope this helps...

What's with the stereotyping? Who said a scientist has to be a nerd?

Cyclovenom said:
What's with the stereotyping? Who said a scientist has to be a nerd?

Or that a nerd is looking for a girl?

cybervenus said:

Somebody we can talk too.
nerd.gif

I don't know why people keep looking here for nerds anyway. Everyone here is pretty cool. Maybe they need to try some history forum or something. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
I don't know why people keep looking here for nerds anyway. Everyone here is pretty cool. Maybe they need to try some history forum or something. :biggrin:

Or a philosophy forum :tongue2:.

Moonbear said:
I don't know why people keep looking here for nerds anyway.

It's a mind-boggling mystery! :biggrin:

A nerd may have different preferences when it comes to what they look for in a girl, but some common factors include intelligence, similar interests, a good sense of humor, and kindness.

Do nerds only look for physical appearance in a girl?

No, most nerds are more interested in a girl's personality and shared interests rather than physical appearance. However, physical attraction can still play a role in their preferences.

Do nerds prefer girls who are also nerdy?

It ultimately depends on the individual nerd, but many nerds tend to prefer girls who share similar interests and can engage in intellectual conversations with them.

Is it important for a girl to be tech-savvy to attract a nerd?

While being tech-savvy may be a plus for some nerds, it is not a requirement to attract them. They are often more interested in a girl's intelligence and ability to engage in conversations about their shared interests.

Do nerds have a specific type when it comes to dating?

Just like any other person, nerds can have different preferences when it comes to dating. Some may have a specific type, while others may be open to dating someone with different qualities as long as they share common interests and values.