Planning a PF Friends Meeting in Allieres France - April 2010

• Thread starter Andre
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Friends
In summary, planning a PF friends meeting in Allieres, France in April 2010 involves selecting a suitable venue, coordinating travel arrangements for attendees, and scheduling activities and discussions. It is important to consider budget, accommodation options, and local cultural attractions. It is also crucial to communicate effectively with all participants and establish a clear agenda for the meeting. With careful planning and organization, the PF friends meeting in Allieres, France can be a successful and enriching experience for all involved.
National specials? Just today I have prepared a jar of lard with onion and apple :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
No, personal favorites, from simple ingredients.

At Montcru, I may also cook those, when we don't bbq or have party finger food

Andre said:
Could I do the cocq au vin and the quiche? Turbo or a plain Dutch hutspot?
I'll try anything! Treat my kitchen and gear well, and you can have free-run of it. I could make some smoked salmon fillets in maple syrup for appetizers, or maybe some spicy medium-rare marinated smoked beef jerky - a real Christmas favorite with my cousin's girls.

I can float back and forth between appetizers and main dishes, though I usually enjoyed the appetizer-only day long meals that my wife and I made for my cousin's family. Jerky, pizzas, egg-rolls, grilled shrimp, shish-kebabs, etc.

Andre said:
No, personal favorites, from simple ingredients.

At Montcru, I may also cook those, when we don't bbq or have party finger food
I like simple. When my mother, aunts, grandmother, etc started a dish, it quite often started with butter, salt pork, or bacon, to provide fats to brown/saute the meats and vegetables.

Baking pastries, etc, involved lard instead of shortening, and anything that needed to be deep-fried, like donuts were cooked in lard, so that they would be crispy on the outside and not absorb any extra fats. My families' dishes were not fancy, but were top-notch by any standards. Rarely have I ever found food in a restaurant to compare favorably to the food that my family served up.

How much is the cost for accommodations? That's important for me.

I already planned on going to either Europe (England and France) or China during the time you mentionned.

I have to wait until January before committing. I have a passport too so no worries here.

JasonRox said:
How much is the cost for accommodations? That's important for me.

I'll be there the end of this month for negotiating, so beginning of December I can tell more about the costs (daily or weekly) depending on construction and number of participants. It should not be a big deal.

Sounds great, and a nice idea, although I am quite certain I wouldn't be able to get there with the commitments I have, so all are spared toast and vegemite!

Meanwhile, I will be going there tomorrow for a sight survey and for discussing the options, bringing plenty of presents to promote a favorable negotiation situation

Presents are always good. Don't tell her that we are a bunch of crazy scientists! :wink:

She knows Monique. She reads this thread as well :smile:

Meanwhile we have arrived, smooth trip. 1280 kilometers in 13 hours :tongue:

I'll post pictures maybe tomorrow.

I would be interested to know the details too as I have an Air France voucher I need to use soon.

Wow, this all sounds awesome, but my boss would not let me leave work, plus that sounds about when my family wants to go on a business/vacation, and I'll have to rig it with the boss, but I am one of his favorites :biggrin:

Loved the pics you have posted... I have always wanted to go to that part of the world!

Who knows Mcknia. Anyway, these were the very first pictures I shot this morning:

k385s9.jpg

292sftz.jpg

aouhkg.jpg

That's absolutely incredible, Andre. I am quite intrigued by the possibility. Airfare from here (Raleigh, North Carolina, USA) look to be $600-700 roundtrip.

Last edited:
Wow that looks really stunning. Too bad I'm kinda young to go on a trip with yall :P

No one is too young, just get your parents permission. I'm young, but sure as heck am not that young, though I wish I were :biggrin:

I am young too, but I don't think I need my Mom permission.

Meanwhile we have a proposition for renting the premises. 300 Euro for one week, regardless of the number of people. That would have to be divided equally by the attenders. of course there is a limit on the maximum number but that is a sort of fluid, as long as people are prepared to sleep in tents.

Also we can still decide about the period in April. All options are open, but that should be finalized in a few weeks.

Meanwhile there are at least three firm commitments of prominent PF members and several more showing high interest. So we can go for it.

We had to go for the second full week of April 2010 starting Saturday 10 April until Sunday 18 April 2010.

Again expenses for the stay are a total of 300 euros divided by all plus the costs of foraging and beverages. We'll work out some ways.

Travel, if you can get to Toulouse airport in France, in princple we can pick you up and take it from there. Please get in contact before ordering tickets and discussing details of travel.

It's going to be a very nice little holiday. We have secured the cooperation of the resident PF entertainer for that :smile:

You'd better be taking Kurdt, my options in April are iffy.

Andre, I'll consider going if you'll consider presenting your mission statement in power point.

That's a deal.

For Europe it may help to check individual price fighter air lines, from destination backwards to find out that German wings for instance flies between Toulouse and Manchester.

Destination is here, on Google Earth
43° 1'53.08"N 1°22'28.57"E

2m4eovm.jpg

Disregard the snow in the panoramio picture of the "gite" that was a very rare occasion.