Hellyer claims ET has visited Earth

• Thread starter WiFO215
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Earth
In summary, former Canadian defence minister Paul Hellyer recently claimed that aliens have been visiting Earth for decades, but there is no concrete evidence to support this claim and his credibility as a source is questionable. Therefore, it is important to approach this claim with skepticism and rationality.
WiFO215
Accusing world famous astrophysicist Stephen Hawking of spreading misinformation about threats from aliens, former Canadian defence minister Paul Hellyer claimed recently that extraterrestrials have actually been visiting Earth for decades.

http://www.hindu.com/seta/2010/05/06/stories/2010050650811400.htm

I thought this would make an interesting read.

Last edited by a moderator:
Earth sciences news on Phys.org
Hellyer is often in the news and we have addressed his statements before.

What do you think about this claim by Paul Hellyer? Do you believe that aliens have been visiting Earth for decades?

I find this claim by Paul Hellyer to be quite bold and controversial. While I do not doubt the possibility of extraterrestrial life, I am skeptical about the idea of aliens actually visiting Earth for decades.

First of all, there is no concrete evidence to support this claim. Despite numerous alleged sightings and reports of UFOs, there has been no solid proof of extraterrestrial presence on Earth. In fact, most of these sightings can be explained by natural or man-made phenomena.

Moreover, if aliens have been visiting Earth for decades, why have they not made their presence known to the public? It seems unlikely that they would remain hidden for such a long period of time.

I also have doubts about the credibility of Paul Hellyer as a source for this information. While he may have held a high position in the Canadian government, his claims about aliens visiting Earth seem to lack scientific basis.

In my opinion, it is important to approach such claims with a critical and rational mindset. Without solid evidence, it is difficult to believe that aliens have been visiting Earth for decades. Until there is concrete proof, I will remain skeptical about this idea.

1. What is the Hellyer claim about ET visiting Earth?

According to former Canadian Defense Minister Paul Hellyer, extraterrestrial beings have been visiting Earth for centuries and have made contact with various governments and military organizations.

2. Is there any evidence to support these claims?

There is no concrete evidence to support Hellyer's claims. However, he has stated that the information he has is based on confidential briefings and discussions with high-ranking military and government officials.

3. How has the scientific community responded to these claims?

The scientific community has largely dismissed Hellyer's claims as lacking substantial evidence and being based on conspiracy theories. Many scientists argue that the lack of evidence and scientific research makes it difficult to take these claims seriously.

4. Why do some people believe in the Hellyer claim?

Some people may believe in Hellyer's claims because they are fascinated by the idea of extraterrestrial life and the possibility of contact with other civilizations. They may also find Hellyer's credentials as a former defense minister to lend credibility to his statements.

5. What impact could the Hellyer claim have on society?

The Hellyer claim could potentially lead to increased public interest and debate about the existence of extraterrestrial life and the possibility of contact with other civilizations. However, it could also lead to fear and panic among some individuals who may believe in the claims without concrete evidence.