Why are all the deformations and strains 0 in my ANSYS LS-DYNA analysis?

In summary, the speaker is seeking help with an analysis they performed using ANSYS LS-DYNA. They applied element types, materials, and loads to their model and solved the problem, but noticed that all the deformations, plastic strains, and other factors were 0. They suspect this is due to a high applied force and wonder if anyone else has experienced this issue. They suggest checking the meshing quality, size, and fixed points, as well as considering the load application method, element type, and material model used. They also mention the importance of using consistent units in the analysis.
zohrehmm2004
I want to do an analysis in ANSYS LS-DYNA. After applying element types, materials and loads to my model, I solved the problem. but after finishing the solution all of the deformations, plastic strains and ... are 0. (the applied force is very high and I expect to see rupture in a large area of my model) does anyone face this problem before? what's the result of this problem?

thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
I'm not ANSYS expert but u may check the meshing quality, size and most importantly in ur case the fixed points

1. What is ANSYS explicit analysis?

ANSYS explicit analysis is a type of finite element analysis (FEA) that simulates dynamic events such as crashes and impacts. It is used to study the behavior of materials and structures under high strain rates and short durations, where the traditional implicit analysis may not be suitable.

2. What are the advantages of using ANSYS explicit analysis?

ANSYS explicit analysis allows for more accurate and detailed simulations of dynamic events, compared to implicit analysis. It also has the ability to handle highly nonlinear materials and large deformations, making it suitable for studying complex structures and materials.

3. How does ANSYS explicit analysis work?

In ANSYS explicit analysis, the equations of motion are solved using explicit time integration methods. This means that the solution is calculated step by step, taking into account the forces and displacements at each time step. This allows for accurate simulation of dynamic events with short durations.

4. What types of problems can be solved using ANSYS explicit analysis?

ANSYS explicit analysis is commonly used for problems involving high strain rates and short durations, such as impact, crash, and blast simulations. It can also be used for studying materials with nonlinear behavior, such as rubber and plastics, and for analyzing complex contact and friction interactions.

5. How is ANSYS explicit analysis different from ANSYS implicit analysis?

The main difference between ANSYS explicit and implicit analysis is the type of time integration method used. Implicit analysis uses an implicit time integration method, where the solution is calculated for each time step based on the previous time step. This makes it suitable for problems with longer durations and slow loading rates. On the other hand, explicit analysis uses an explicit time integration method, making it more suitable for dynamic events with short durations and high loading rates.