Is this site related to phys.org?

• Thread starter georgir
  • Start date
In summary, the current site was originally physorg.com's forum, but it is now a separate entity with no formal relationship. Phys.org and PF have a content sharing partnership, but they do not share any administration or development. There used to be a connection between the two sites, but now they are completely independent.
georgir
Back in the days, this site was just physorg.com's forum.
It still has a "relevant posts" block linking to here. But in practice, it is trivial for any site to have such a block without any formal relationship between the two sites...

So I wonder, is it still associated with it now? Are there any common people among those responsible for the two sites' administration and development?

And if yes, a subquestion: why has phys.org deleted their old user database (maybe quite a while ago now, been some time since I tried to login there, and now I find that I can't)?

Physics news on Phys.org
georgir said:
Really? I never knew that.
Phys.org and PF have a content sharing partnership. PF provides Phys.org discussions and Phys.org provides PF with new stories.

See the "Partners" link below

georgir said:
It still has a "relevant posts" block linking to here. But in practice, it is trivial for any site to have such a block without any formal relationship between the two sites...

So I wonder, is it still associated with it now? Are there any common people among those responsible for the two sites' administration and development?

And if yes, a subquestion: why has phys.org deleted their old user database (maybe quite a while ago now, been some time since I tried to login there, and now I find that I can't)?

Hi georgir,

PF has always been independent. In about 2008, phys.org and PF agreed on a content partnership. We don't share any administration. Completely independent and always have been :)

cheers!

Maybe georgir is thinking about "back in the day" when sci.physics.research used to be posted here.

Interesting...
Back when I first found it, phys.org was physorg.com, and their forums, I am not really sure, but I think were forums.physorg.com. I was with the impression that those forums became this site, but now they redirect to physforum.com (edit: and I even still have a working account for it, yay), so I guess I'm wrong.

Regardless, thank you all for the input.
"We don't share any administration. Completely independent and always have been." is a pretty clear answer.

Last edited:

1. Is this site officially affiliated with phys.org?

No, this site is not officially affiliated with phys.org. However, the content on this site may reference or link to articles from phys.org.

2. Is the information on this site reliable and accurate?

We strive to provide accurate and reliable information on this site, but please keep in mind that information may change over time and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of all sources.

3. Are the articles on this site peer-reviewed?

No, the articles on this site are not peer-reviewed. However, we do our best to ensure that the information presented is supported by reputable sources.

4. Can I use the content on this site for my own research or publications?

We encourage the use of our content for educational and non-commercial purposes, but please make sure to properly cite the source and authors.

5. How often is this site updated with new content?

This site is updated regularly with new articles and information. However, we cannot guarantee a specific frequency of updates as it depends on the availability of new information and resources.