I'm Santa Claus - Song I've Loved For Years

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, the song is about a bunny who is the Easter Bunny. The video is about a person who is pretending to be the Easter Bunny, and they end up scaring the person.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I've loved this song for years, just found the video. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Well, I'm the easter bunny. Wanna hop into your sack?

- Warren

How to scare your kids out of christmas gifts and into good behviour.

When I saw the title of your thread, the first thing that popped in my head was that song. I didn't realize there was a music video to go with it!

I don't think that's the real Santa.

Hurkyl said:
When I saw the title of your thread, the first thing that popped in my head was that song. I didn't realize there was a music video to go with it!
I didn't realize it until just now. :approve:

Ivan Seeking said:
I don't think that's the real Santa.
No? :frown:

Evo said:
I didn't realize it until just now. :approve:
It makes me wonder just how many great songs from Dr. Demento have video's associated with them that I'm missing! :frown:

Hurkyl said:
It makes me wonder just how many great songs from Dr. Demento have video's associated with them that I'm missing! :frown:
I love Dr Demento! I wonder if they are all on youtube?

I really love Ozzy Osbourne at the end of this. :biggrin:

I used to play the song for the girls at Christmas. They were always perfect angels. :biggrin:

chroot said:
Well, I'm the easter bunny. Wanna hop into your sack?

Dozens of responses and not even a comment! I guess this joke was really a stinker, but I thought it was such witticism! :rofl:

- Warren

chroot said:
Dozens of responses and not even a comment! I guess this joke was really a stinker, but I thought it was such witticism! :rofl:

- Warren
You should have said "want to jump in my sack". :biggrin:

"leave him cookies and beer..." works for me!

Evo said:
You should have said "want to jump in my sack". :biggrin:

Easter bunnies don't have sacks! Santa Clauses do!

- Warren

I am Santa Claus!

Evo said:
I am Santa Claus!
Respect my Authority!

Wow, iron santa rocks! :cool:

Evo said:

OHHHHH JESUS... PIETA PIETA...!

I am sorry but i think this is an absolutely horrible song. Boring, monotone and annoying (especially if you listen to it longer then 30 seconds). This song does NOT reflect the real Christmass atmosphere (at least not for me). It reminds me of them cheap 80ties songs...

greets
marlon

There have been rumours of denialists that Santa Claus doesn't exist. Those deniers are paid by the toy-companies (which hate the illegal competition of Santa with free gifts!), so we do know that they are very very wrong from the onset. Nevertheless, we have investigated the matter closely. Our method was using the search functions of the most prestigeous scientific magazines (Science, Nature) on Internet using the search terms: Santa <and> Claus <and> refuted <or> falsified <or> debunked <or> not exist

The result was zero. Non of the articles claimed to have refuted the existence of Santa Claus Hence all the contributors to Science and Nature reached a general consensus. Santa exists, period!

and may the santa deniers crumble to dust.

Last edited:
I think this is probably strictly for Ozzy fans.

marlon said:
OHHHHH JESUS... PIETA PIETA...!

I am sorry but i think this is an absolutely horrible song. Boring, monotone and annoying (especially if you listen to it longer then 30 seconds). This song does NOT reflect the real Christmass atmosphere (at least not for me). It reminds me of them cheap 80ties songs...

greets
marlon
Sorry, Marlon, I should have warned people with actual musical taste that this wasn't the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. :redface: :biggrin:

Evo said:
Sorry, Marlon, I should have warned people with actual musical taste that this wasn't the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. :redface: :biggrin:

LOL

Don't worry, i was just "sharing" me personal opinion and it's just that i expected something totally different.

greets

marlon

Evo said:

I've never heard that one before. :rofl: But, cookies and beer?! No wonder I never got what I asked for from Santa! My parents told me he preferred rum and Coke with his cookies. :grumpy:

Moonbear said:
I've never heard that one before. :rofl: But, cookies and beer?! No wonder I never got what I asked for from Santa! My parents told me he preferred rum and Coke with his cookies. :grumpy:

If I was santa I wouldn't be so picky. Perhaps I'll ask Astronuc to lend me his beard and visit all the people who leave out alcoholic beverages othan beer for christmas.

Shatner has always understood Evo's Santa

Incidentally...

Star Trekkin

Ti Kwan Leap doesn't seem to have a video, though. :frown:

1. What is the meaning behind the song "I'm Santa Claus - Song I've Loved For Years"?

The song "I'm Santa Claus - Song I've Loved For Years" is a lighthearted and humorous song that celebrates the magic and joy of Christmas through the perspective of Santa Claus himself.

2. Who wrote and composed "I'm Santa Claus - Song I've Loved For Years"?

The song was written and composed by American singer-songwriter, actor, and comedian, Bob Rivers. It was released in 1993 as part of his comedy album, "Twisted Christmas."

3. What inspired the creation of "I'm Santa Claus - Song I've Loved For Years"?

Bob Rivers was inspired to write the song after seeing a department store Santa Claus being rude to a child. He wanted to create a song that showed the more comedic and joyful side of Santa Claus, rather than the traditional portrayal as a serious and stern figure.

4. Is there any controversy surrounding the song "I'm Santa Claus - Song I've Loved For Years"?

Some people have criticized the song for being disrespectful and portraying Santa Claus in a negative light. However, many others find the song to be a fun and lighthearted take on the holiday season.

5. What makes "I'm Santa Claus - Song I've Loved For Years" a popular song?

The catchy tune, clever lyrics, and comedic delivery of the song make it a popular holiday tune that is enjoyed by many. It also offers a unique and humorous perspective on the beloved figure of Santa Claus.