Could black holes be empty points of spinning systems? A scientific exploration

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of mass and gravity. The individual is questioning if the math used to determine gravity could also be used to describe the center point of a spinning system that may be relatively empty. They use the example of hurricanes to illustrate how particles can spin around nothing. They also mention articles they have read about black holes and stars, and ask for clarification and evidence on their thoughts. Ultimately, they are looking for an answer to their question and are seeking input from those with expertise in the subject.
taonut
Hi,
I had posted wanting a specific question answered and it was closed b/c i kept repeating my thoughts to try and get an answer. I'm not an expert, so I was wondering if any of you intelligent folks could enlighten me. I am not asking for a crash course on black holes, which is what i received last time. I am asking if the math that is used to determine that there is gravity could be also the same math to describe the center point of a spinning system that could be relatively empty. We assume there is mass because we assume we are spinning around some thing. But in other phenomenon such as hurricanes, particles spin around nothing. We could look at the clouds and say, well they must have gathered around some thing. But since we can measure that the eye of a hurricane is calm and only filled with atmosphere, we know that the clouds are spinning which creates the eye in the process. Could the stars be spinning around an empty point, and could we just be assuming that there is mass there, when in fact the opposite could be the case. My thoughts stem from articles I have read through physorg. com. I read one where they said in the Milky Way the stars are born at the same rate they die, and they were wondering where the gas came from to replace it. In another article they said that when black holes "eat", that they emit strong rays of particles or energy (burps they called it). In a hurricane the faster winds are near the eye. I was wondering if the actual event horizon of a black hole could be the portion shredding material and shooting it out? Is that feasible with the math on black holes? I am constantly learning from every field, and I'm the first to admit this is not my field of expertise. That's why I am asking you guys to seriously think this over and check out the math. My thoughts arise in a very rational manner within the bounds of the laws of physics based on phenomenon I know. Phenomenon often repeat throughout the universe, so I was wondering if this even makes sense? It seems the folks who posted on my last post were not understanding my question. I don't want to have to keep repeating myself and get called names. So please thoughfully answer my thoughts. I would appreciate it. This has been bothering me for awhile, strange as it sounds. I just want to know if my thought process is plausible, or if there is any evidence or math that absolutely refutes it. I am an academic in other fields and stay fairly well-rounded, but I'm headed down the law path at this point in life so I am dependent on other minds to help my mind reconcile the rifts in understanding I experience on this subject matter.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
taonut said:
Hi,
We assume there is mass because we assume we are spinning around some thing.
From where did you find this statement?This is wrong.

Mass is the amount of matter present in a substance

Usually we assume that Force of gravity acts on the center of mass of the object.(To make calculations easier)
Stars does not spin around empty space.Inside stars,there is the core of it.

We know Earth has mass because it causes gravity.

Anything which has mass will cause gravity

Force of gravity between two masses, ##F=\frac{Gm_1m_2}{r^2}##
Where m_1 and m_2 is the masses of two objects.
G is the Universal Gravitational Constant
r is the distance between two object

Thread closed temporarily for Moderation...

1. What exactly is a black hole?

A black hole is a region in space where the gravitational pull is so strong that nothing, including light, can escape from it. This is due to the extreme curvature of space and time caused by a large amount of mass being concentrated in a small area.

2. How are black holes formed?

Black holes are formed when a massive star dies and its core collapses under its own gravity. The intense gravitational force squeezes the star's matter into a single point, known as a singularity, which then creates a black hole.

3. Can anything escape from a black hole?

No, nothing can escape from a black hole once it has passed through the event horizon, which is the point of no return. This includes matter, light, and even information. However, some particles that are on the edge of the black hole's event horizon can escape through a process known as Hawking radiation.

4. How do we study black holes if they cannot be seen?

We study black holes through their effects on the surrounding matter and light. For example, we can observe the way stars and gas move around a black hole, or detect X-rays and other electromagnetic radiation emitted from the hot gas falling into a black hole.

5. Are black holes dangerous to Earth?

No, black holes do not pose any threat to Earth. The nearest known black hole is located over 1,000 light-years away, and their gravitational pull only affects objects that are very close to them. In fact, black holes play an important role in the formation and evolution of galaxies and do not have a direct impact on our daily lives.