What diverse backgrounds do Google employees come from?

• Thread starter cscott
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Google
In summary, the conversation discusses the background of Google employees who do not have a degree in computer science and how to obtain information about their backgrounds. A link to several departments at Google is also provided. One person shares that they know someone working at Google without a computer science degree, while another expresses gratitude for the response.
cscott
I understand that many of Google's employees would be under the title of "Software Engineer" and probably did exactly that at university, but I'm interested in knowing the background of those who didn't get a degree in a field directly related to computer science (assuming there is some). Is there any way I could get this information?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Well, I found http://www.google.ca/jobs/meet.html [Broken], but I hardly consider computer engineering or mathematics a far cry from google's "standard" :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Well...

cscott said:
I understand that many of Google's employees would be under the title of "Software Engineer" and probably did exactly that at university, but I'm interested in knowing the background of those who didn't get a degree in a field directly related to computer science (assuming there is some). Is there any way I could get this information?

Found this post randomly on Google. :smile: I can tell you that I do have a friend working for Google and he has no degree in computer science. I think he had to take a test, before… I know my answer comes after a year, but hope’s not to late!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. Thanks, your reply is appreciated :)

1. What is Google Employee Background?

Google Employee Background refers to the process of evaluating a person's work history, education, and other relevant information to determine their qualifications for employment at Google.

2. Why does Google conduct background checks on its employees?

Google conducts background checks as a way to ensure that they are hiring qualified and trustworthy individuals who will contribute to the company's success and maintain its reputation. It also helps to protect the company, its employees, and its customers from potential risks.

3. What information does Google look for in employee background checks?

Google typically looks for information such as employment history, education, criminal records, credit history, and professional references. They may also check for any relevant licenses or certifications.

4. How long does a Google Employee Background check take?

The length of a Google Employee Background check can vary depending on the individual's background and the complexity of the check. It can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to complete.

5. Can a failed background check prevent someone from getting a job at Google?

Not necessarily. A failed background check does not automatically disqualify someone from getting a job at Google. The company will consider the nature of the offense, how long ago it occurred, and whether it is relevant to the job. Google also allows individuals to explain any discrepancies or errors in their background check.