Solving Reaction Forces: Simplifying Complex Torque and Force Equations

• Thread starter Lorens
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hard
In summary, the speaker has a problem and has simplified it to a set of diagrams. They are trying to calculate the reaction forces but are unsure how to do so. They mention torque and force equations, but do not provide any further details. The speaker also adds that the problem is symmetrical and involves finding the reaction forces of points A and B. They then apologize for forgetting to include a picture of a tank, which may be related to the problem.
Lorens
I have a problem which i ahve simplified to this

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/3998/bigproblem7hg.jpg [Broken]

I want to calculate the reaction forces but how?

Torque equation give this
2F=0
Force equations give this
2F=0

Thx for any help given ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
The problem look like this in reality (symmetry)

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/811/a19nx.jpg [Broken]

Can you state the problem? I don't understand what those diagrams represent. You are trying to find the reaction forces of what?

Doc Al said:
Can you state the problem? I don't understand what those diagrams represent. You are trying to find the reaction forces of what?

A and B ...

The force have the same distance to a and b

Ups i may have forgotten to add the picture
http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/3416/tank15jc.jpg [Broken]

What Does "So Simple and Still So Hard" Mean?

"So Simple and Still So Hard" is a phrase that is often used to describe a concept or task that seems easy or straightforward, but is actually difficult to understand or accomplish.

Why Is Something Simple Still Hard to Understand or Do?

There are a variety of reasons why something may be considered simple but still difficult to understand or do. It could be due to the complexity of the subject matter, a lack of prior knowledge or experience, or even personal biases or limitations.

Can "So Simple and Still So Hard" Apply to Science?

Yes, the phrase "So Simple and Still So Hard" can certainly apply to science. In fact, many scientific concepts and theories may seem simple on the surface, but are actually quite complex and challenging to fully grasp and apply.

How Can One Overcome the Difficulty of "So Simple and Still So Hard"?

To overcome the difficulty of "So Simple and Still So Hard", one must approach the subject with an open mind, willingness to learn, and patience. It may also be helpful to seek out additional resources or guidance from experts in the field.

Is There a Benefit to Understanding "So Simple and Still So Hard" Concepts?

Absolutely. Understanding "So Simple and Still So Hard" concepts can lead to a deeper understanding of the subject matter and can also help in problem-solving and critical thinking skills. It can also lead to personal growth and development.