Taken adderall in order to study better or focus more on a test?

In summary: I've read about neutropics some time ago, and Provigil looks VERY interesting.It can last anywhere from 4 to 12 hours. Sometimes when I take it, I can sleep without any problems. Other times I'll take it, and if I've had a lot of caffeine (which I normally do) that day, I will not be able to sleep soundly.Depending on your sensitivity, and the type of adderall, it can last anywhere from 4 to 12 hours. Sometimes when I take it, I can sleep without any problems. Other times I'll take it, and if I've had a lot of caffeine (which I normally do) that day
no what is that?

Physics news on Phys.org
I didn't post that twice I am sure (2nd time today!)

I hate when it double posts like that.

It is an energy drink as well. It comes in a 16fl oz. (473mL) can. Redbull comes in a 8 fl oz. can, and it is the same price. I checked the caffiene content on redbull, and it is like 80 mg. (1 No Dose = 200mg). Let me look it up. Monster is like off the charts on caffiene content. Dude, this stuff knocked my socks off the first time I tried it.

Last edited:
I need to get me some of that! Ahh red bull something we have in common.
Where you get Monster from?

Where do you live?

At my campus they were handing out free cans, so I took one and drank it right before my Circuit Analysis class. And I had to chug it (it's like the size one of those tall beer cans), because I couldn't bring it into class. In almost exactly 15 min, I was SO f'n focussed. I felt like the professor was talking directly to me during the lecture. I have been buying it every since.

And it tastes GOOD. I don't mean good like redbull, kind of different normal good, I mean this tastes EXACTLY like soda pop.

I want some! Can you ship some to me?

Where the hell do you live man?

Umm in New Zealand haha Heading to south africa soon if it makes anything easier

Nothing000 said:
Is that what the person next to you would say, or is that what you (on adderal) would say?

Whoa!

I can't believe you never caught on.

Nothing000 said:
At my campus they were handing out free cans, so I took one and drank it right before my Circuit Analysis class. And I had to chug it (it's like the size one of those tall beer cans), because I couldn't bring it into class. In almost exactly 15 min, I was SO f'n focussed. I felt like the professor was talking directly to me during the lecture. I have been buying it every since.

And it tastes GOOD. I don't mean good like redbull, kind of different normal good, I mean this tastes EXACTLY like soda pop.

I wish I didn't kick it to sleep so early. I wouldn't have if I knew you guys were going to talk about energy drinks. I'm so friggen addicted to them :)

Northin000 said:
I felt like the professor was talking directly to me during the lecture.
:rofl: I know exactly what you are talking about!

Monster is still my favorite. Here are some others for you to try,

- green can of Boo-Koo (I've only seen it on my campus. I'm beginning to think this is my new favorite though. It's really that good.)
- NOS
- Commando Bear (You can only get it in specialty Chinese grocery stores). It's not that good, but if you are ever in there, you should pick it up just for kicks.

wow I haven't heard of any of thoses now I definitely am living in the wrong place

There is a plethora of Energy Drinks in the US as of the past couple of years. I think the reason that they sell so well is because they are so expensive. I think that people think that they are getting a better quality product just becuase they are paying more. I mean, it's just soda pop with a lot of caffiene and a few other mild stimulants. I bet it costs 17 cents to produce each can of the stuff.

so I should create my own? Mix a whole lot of stuff together and ta dahh

Absolutely.

Nothing000 said:
There is a plethora of Energy Drinks in the US as of the past couple of years. I think the reason that they sell so well is because they are so expensive. I think that people think that they are getting a better quality product just becuase they are paying more. I mean, it's just soda pop with a lot of caffiene and a few other mild stimulants. I bet it costs 17 cents to produce each can of the stuff.

I'm not so sure about the just "soda pop can caffeine".

I notice a "kick" out some energy drinks. I think the mixtures of chemicals really do add to give one somewhat of a mental boost. I recall when I first started taking suppliments how weird I would feel. B6 would especially make me feel different (not in a good way, not bad though).

Looking at the energy drink in front of me (low carb monster) it has niacin, b6, b12, taurine, l-carntine, guarna,... to name a few. If you were to purchase those suppliments individually, they would be quite expensive. So the price might accurately reflect the cost of the beverage. At least I hope that's the case.

Buying all that stuff in bulk probably discounts it so hard, that it really is 17 cents.

Some of the cheaper energy drinks do nothing for me. If you look at the labels, you can see that they don't contain half of what the Monster's and Rockstar's have. Although, this could be all in my head. I've not actually conducted a double blind taste test... yet.

Last edited:
rhuthwaite said:
so I should create my own? Mix a whole lot of stuff together and ta dahh

Would you call it ta dahh?

You guys seem to have heaps of energy drinks! We've got like 4: V. lift, lift plus and redbull. We got a new one called Pulse it's just an energy drink with vodka its buzzy as

I probably would call it that so if you see it in a shop one day - that's mine!

rhuthwaite said:
I probably would call it that so if you see it in a shop one day - that's mine!

I don't think so! You will have to split some of the profits with me.

You'll have to find me first... :biggrin: and then if I make heaps of money I will give you 25% of all profits

If I make one I'll definitely make a version with alcohol!

I take Adderall and it helps me a lot! Without it, my grades would go from A's to C's. But that's probably because I have AD/HD...