What Did Santa and His Elf Do After a Long Day in the Toy Shop?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation involved a group of individuals admiring a photo of a baby dressed in a Christmas outfit. One of the individuals comments on the cuteness of the baby and another mentions the elf's job of making toys and getting gas from eating candy canes. There is also a discussion about technical issues with viewing the photo.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/1986/santaresizeub0.jpg

...after a long day in the toy shop...

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Awwww! Very sweet. :smile: :cool:

For some reason I thought elfs had there own room:rolleyes:

That is really very cute!

That is sooo cute! The little christmas outfit is adorable

hypatia said:
For some reason I thought elfs had there own room:rolleyes:

I am sure they do but this little one is way too cute and tiny to sleep in a room by itself! Looks like a real little angel

Okay... I recognize Integral, but who's the lap-lizard? :confused:

..and in a blink, they were gone!

Yeah, that's weird. Sometimes there's nothing, and other times there's a red 'x' that I can't do anything with (and 'save target as...' isn't enabled). The first time, there was a very clear picture of some old fart with a white beard holding a vomit-slinger on his lap.

Danger said:
Yeah, that's weird. Sometimes there's nothing, and other times there's a red 'x' that I can't do anything with (and 'save target as...' isn't enabled). The first time, there was a very clear picture of some old fart with a white beard holding a vomit-slinger on his lap.

I thought that you had decided that the old fart is Integral. :biggrin:

I have had that happen to me with other photos. I guess that its just an imageshack problem.

Ah, all you geezers look alike to me.

Danger said:
Ah, all you geezers look alike to me.
And all the gas-charged little fecal-bombs look the same too!

The elfs get gas from the candy canes, they can't help it, it comes with the job.

1. Who is Santa and his Elf?

Santa is a fictional character based on the Christian figure of St. Nicholas. He is often depicted as a jolly man in a red suit who brings gifts to children on Christmas Eve. His Elf is a mythical creature that is said to help Santa make toys and prepare for Christmas.

2. How did Santa and his Elf become associated with Christmas?

The origin of Santa and his Elf can be traced back to various traditions and legends from different cultures. In the 4th century, St. Nicholas of Myra was known for his generosity towards children and became the patron saint of children. In the 19th century, the image of Santa as we know him today was popularized through the writings of Clement Clarke Moore and Thomas Nast. The Elf, on the other hand, is believed to have originated from Norse mythology where they were associated with the god Odin.

3. Do all cultures celebrate Santa and his Elf?

While Santa and his Elf are commonly associated with Christmas in Western cultures, not all cultures celebrate them. Some countries have their own gift-giving figures such as the Christkind in Germany and Babushka in Russia. In some cultures, Santa and his Elf are not part of the Christmas tradition at all.

4. Are Santa and his Elf real?

Santa and his Elf are generally considered to be fictional characters. However, many parents and adults enjoy keeping the magic of Christmas alive by pretending that they are real for children. The spirit of giving and spreading joy during the holiday season is what truly matters.

5. How do Santa and his Elf deliver gifts to every child in the world?

The logistics of delivering gifts to every child in the world is a mystery that has not been solved yet. However, many believe that Santa and his Elf have magical powers and can travel around the world in one night with the help of their trusty reindeer and sleigh. Others believe that the spirit of Santa and his Elf lives within us and inspires us to spread love and kindness during the holiday season.