Gravity field phenomenon is the curved light ray ?

In summary, there is a concern about using planets to measure gravitational lensing due to their surrounding atmosphere. This is because the atmosphere can cause light rays to be refracted, potentially creating a false "gravity field phenomenon." One way to test this is by removing the atmosphere and observing any changes in weight. However, it is unclear if this will completely eliminate the possibility of a "sphere lens" created by the atmosphere.
einsteinooo
Surrounding the planets usually exists the various atmosphere. Due to this atmosphere, one light ray crossing the planet will be refracted more if it comes more closely to the planet's surface. So how to know that " gravity field phenomenon is the curved light ray" is not created by the planets' atmosphere ?

Science news on Phys.org
Planets are not normally used to measure gravitational lensing.
The atmosphere is a problem and they don't have enough mass to give a significant result.

einsteinooo said:
Surrounding the planets usually exists the various atmosphere. Due to this atmosphere, one light ray crossing the planet will be refracted more if it comes more closely to the planet's surface. So how to know that " gravity field phenomenon is the curved light ray" is not created by the planets' atmosphere ?

You forgot to ask why there are atmosphere around a planet in the first place.

There's one simple way to check for this. Put an object in an environment of "less atmosphere" and check its weight. If it has changed considerably as you pump out the air, then you'd be correct. I have a vacuum chamber that can go to as low as 10^-10 Torr. How much are you willing to bet that a block of, say, OFE copper that I put in there would be reduced in mass as I pump it down?

Zz.

Atmosphere is " Sphere lens "

einsteinooo said:
Atmosphere is " Sphere lens "

So where is this "sphere lens" when I pump out a lot of it, yet my object still weighs the same?

Zz.

1. What is the gravity field phenomenon?

The gravity field phenomenon is a natural phenomenon caused by the presence of matter in space, which creates a force known as gravity. This force pulls objects towards each other and affects the motion of objects in space.

2. What causes the curved light ray in the gravity field phenomenon?

The curved light ray in the gravity field phenomenon is caused by the warping of spacetime by massive objects. As light travels through this warped spacetime, its path appears to curve due to the effect of gravity.

3. Why is the gravity field phenomenon important?

The gravity field phenomenon is important because it helps us understand the structure and behavior of the universe. It also plays a crucial role in the formation and movement of celestial bodies, such as planets, stars, and galaxies.

4. How does the gravity field phenomenon affect space travel?

The gravity field phenomenon can greatly influence the trajectory and speed of spacecraft, as well as the amount of fuel needed for a journey. Understanding and calculating the effects of gravity is crucial in planning and executing space missions.

5. Can we manipulate the gravity field phenomenon?

Currently, we do not have the technology to manipulate the gravity field phenomenon. However, some theories suggest that it may be possible in the future through advanced technologies such as anti-gravity devices or through the manipulation of dark energy and dark matter.