Calculating Slide Distance from Projector Lens & Image Dimensions on Screen

In summary, to calculate the slide distance from the projector lens, use the formula: Distance = (Screen Width x Projector Distance) / Image Width. To determine the image dimensions on the screen, use the formula: Image Width = (Distance x Image Width) / Projector Distance. The recommended distance between the projector and the screen is at least 1.5 times the width of the screen, but this may vary depending on the type of projector and screen size. To adjust the image size on the screen, you can move the projector closer or further away, use the zoom function, or change the aspect ratio on the projector settings. This calculation can be used for any projector and screen size, but it is best to consult the manufacturer
rubykap
the dimensions of the picture on a 35mm color slide are 24X36 mm,an image of the slide is projected on a screen 9.00 m from the projector lens.the focal length of projectorlens is 150mm.
1-- how far is the slide from the lens
2-- what are the image on the screen.

Plz some body help me...i m not getting any clue

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you know lens formula? Do you know intercept theorem?

yes lens formula is
1/s + 1/s' = 1/ f

Just look at what you know and what you need for the 1st part... Simple algebra.

1. How do I calculate the slide distance from the projector lens?

To calculate the slide distance from the projector lens, you will need to use the formula: Distance = (Screen Width x Projector Distance) / Image Width. This will give you the distance from the lens to the slide.

2. What are the image dimensions on the screen?

The image dimensions on the screen can be calculated by using the formula: Image Width = (Distance x Image Width) / Projector Distance. This will give you the size of the image on the screen.

3. What is the recommended distance between the projector and the screen?

The recommended distance between the projector and the screen will depend on the type of projector and the size of the screen. It is generally recommended to have a distance of at least 1.5 times the width of the screen.

4. How do I adjust the image size on the screen?

To adjust the image size on the screen, you can either move the projector closer or further away from the screen, or you can use the zoom function on the projector if it has one. You can also adjust the image size by changing the aspect ratio on the projector settings.

5. Can I use this calculation for any projector and screen size?

Yes, this calculation can be used for any projector and screen size as long as you have the necessary measurements. However, it is always best to consult the manufacturer's specifications for your specific projector and screen to ensure optimal image quality.