Question: Spin particles in scalar gravitational field

In summary, the action of non-spinning particles in scalar gravity is described by the stress-energy tensor. Einstein's equation is used to calculate this action. The S is the matter part of the tensor, and I believe the Ricci scalar part is missing.
Wenzi
The action of non-spinning particles in scalar gravity is

[tex]S=-\int{\sqrt{-g}(\frac{1}{8\pi}g^{\mu\nu}\Phi_{,\mu}\Phi_{,\nu}-\rho e^{\Phi})d^4x}[/tex]

where [tex]\rho[/tex] presents the comoving density.
Now, I want to know the formula when particles with classical spin.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
??:uhh::uhh:

Anyone who can help me?

Wenzi said:
Anyone who can help me?

I guess that may be too advanced or unusual a request for the frequent visitors such as myself; sooner or later you may get a useful reply, but in the mean time I suggest you try searching in Google and in the scientific literature. (I remember that in GR, a spinning particle is described by the Papapetrou equation, but that's probably not relevant here).

Jonathan Scott said:
I guess that may be too advanced or unusual a request for the frequent visitors such as myself; sooner or later you may get a useful reply, but in the mean time I suggest you try searching in Google and in the scientific literature. (I remember that in GR, a spinning particle is described by the Papapetrou equation, but that's probably not relevant here).

haha, thank you!

I am waiting...

Jonathan Scott said:

Or, the question is equal to Stress-energy tensor of the spinning particles.

I don't know much about spin in GR but your question seems a bit vague. What formula do you want to know? the Einstein's equation for this action? Further, is the S the matter part? I assume so since the Ricci scalar part is missing.

Also, by classical spin, what do you mean? like fermions or what?

Perhaps others may be able to help after these clarifications.

1. What are spin particles?

Spin particles are a type of fundamental particle that have an intrinsic angular momentum, similar to the spinning of a top. This property is an intrinsic characteristic of the particle and does not depend on its motion.

2. How are spin particles affected by a scalar gravitational field?

In a scalar gravitational field, spin particles are affected by the curvature of spacetime caused by the presence of mass or energy. This curvature can cause the spin particles to follow curved paths, similar to how objects follow curved paths in a gravitational field on Earth.

3. What is the relationship between spin particles and quantum mechanics?

Spin particles are a key concept in quantum mechanics, as they are described by quantum numbers and obey the laws of quantum mechanics. The spin of a particle is a quantum property and can only have certain discrete values, such as 1/2, 1, or 2.

4. Can spin particles exist without a gravitational field?

Yes, spin particles can exist without a gravitational field. They are fundamental particles that exist in the fabric of the universe and are not dependent on the presence of a gravitational field.

5. How do scientists study spin particles in a scalar gravitational field?

Scientists study spin particles in a scalar gravitational field through experiments and mathematical models. They use particle accelerators to study the behavior of particles in different fields, and they also use theoretical models and equations to understand the effects of a scalar gravitational field on spin particles.