Sat subject tests : Math,physics practice papers ?

In summary: I was waitlisted for MIT and Brown and didn't get in to Yale. So it definitely depends on the school and what your score is.
dhvanitp
Hey fellas,
I'm giving my SAT subject tests in Dec 2008, And I would like to know where I can give practice tests for : Math 1-2, Physics ? Please Help, as I intent to score 800 on all three of them. I presently use Princeton for both math, barrons for physics; but the practice tests are'nt given enough; and no other books are available around my city(AHMEDABAD) in INDIA.. So, please suggest if you know something regarding this..

Physics news on Phys.org
For your information, you don't have to take both Math I and IIC since they are looked at separately and are counted equally in college admissions. Personally, I would recommend you take Math IIC since it is curved very well (you can get 8 wrong and still get an 800!), but it is harder than Math I to compensate. Physics has a similar curve to Math IIC, since there are many aspiring high school kids out there who think they're good at physics but end up realizing they need more review. So make sure you are comprehensive when you study! As for which books to use, you can use pretty much any type since physics and math are such ubiquitous subjects. That said, I recommend Barron's for Math IIC and Princeton Review for Physics (I got 800's using them). Good luck

By the way, are you going to be applying for college this year?

Hey thanks a lot for the info.. Well, got peterson's books recently..
Cool that you got 800's on both.. where're you from ? and yeah I'm applying for the next FALL..When are you applying ? And where ?

Im already in college, and from the states

Hey cool.. You must be in a pretty good college then with those 800's ! Which one are you in, if you don't mind to disclose over here ?
I'm applying to MIT, Yale, Brown, Darthmouth.

don't rely on those sat's, though, as an international student. when I was applying as an international, I applied with 800's in math 1c, 2c, and physics which I got without any need for review (and I felt they were extremely easy), but things didn't go well.

1. What are SAT Subject Tests?

SAT Subject Tests are standardized tests administered by the College Board that measure a student's knowledge and skills in specific subject areas, such as Math and Physics.

2. Why should I take SAT Subject Tests for Math and Physics?

SAT Subject Tests are often required or recommended by colleges and universities as part of the admissions process. They can also demonstrate your strengths and help you stand out to college admissions committees.

3. How do I prepare for SAT Subject Tests for Math and Physics?

The best way to prepare for these tests is to review the content and format of the exams, practice with past papers and official study guides, and seek help from teachers or tutors if needed.

4. Can I take SAT Subject Tests for Math and Physics more than once?

Yes, you can take SAT Subject Tests multiple times. However, keep in mind that some colleges may require you to submit all of your scores, so it's important to prepare and do your best on the first attempt.

5. How are the SAT Subject Tests for Math and Physics scored?

SAT Subject Tests are scored on a scale of 200-800, with 200 being the lowest score and 800 being the highest score. Your score is based on the number of questions you answer correctly, and there is no penalty for incorrect answers.