How to Use GeForce 180.84 Driver on Laptop w/ GeForce 9500

• Thread starter blimkie.k
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker had a driver installed on their computer before reformatting it. However, the driver was not compatible with their Acer laptop and they had to use a program, possibly similar to Riva Tuner, to convert it. They cannot remember the name of the program but later found it through a Google search. They also mention the option of using Nvidia mobility drivers directly instead of using the modder.
blimkie.k
i once had this driver installed before i reformatted my computer.

the problem is my computer is not compatible with this driver because its for desktops and I am on an acer laptop with a geforce 9500.

before i reformatted i had a program that was able to convert that driver to be compatible with my system. the problem is i can't remember what this program was called.

its kind of similar to riva tuner i think, just can't remember the name but it worked awesome, anyone know what I am talking about?

Computer science news on Phys.org
wow someone can delete this post, i spent hours googling for this program then one last try after i wrote this post i found it, nvidia mobility modder.

afaik, u can use Nvidia mobility drivers( they're specifically made for notebooks) directly instead of using the modder

1. How do I download and install the GeForce 180.84 driver on my laptop?

To download and install the GeForce 180.84 driver on your laptop with GeForce 9500, you can follow these steps:

• Go to the official NVIDIA website and navigate to the Drivers section.
  • Select your graphics card model (GeForce 9500) and operating system.
  • Click on the "Download" button next to the GeForce 180.84 driver.
  • Once the download is complete, double-click on the downloaded file to start the installation process.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

2. How do I update my existing GeForce driver to version 180.84 on my laptop?

To update your existing GeForce driver to version 180.84 on your laptop, you can follow these steps:

• Open the NVIDIA Control Panel on your laptop.
  • Click on the "Help" tab and select "Updates" from the drop-down menu.
  • Click on the "Check for Updates" button.
  • If a newer version of the driver is available, click on the "Download" button to update your driver.
  • Once the download is complete, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.

3. Can I use the GeForce 180.84 driver on my laptop with a different graphics card?

No, the GeForce 180.84 driver is specifically designed for the GeForce 9500 graphics card. Using this driver on a different graphics card may cause compatibility issues and may not work properly.

4. How do I switch to the GeForce 180.84 driver from my current driver on my laptop?

To switch to the GeForce 180.84 driver from your current driver on your laptop, you can follow these steps:

• Open the NVIDIA Control Panel on your laptop.
  • Click on the "Help" tab and select "Updates" from the drop-down menu.
  • Click on the "Check for Updates" button.
  • If the GeForce 180.84 driver is listed as an available update, click on the "Download" button to switch to this driver.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

5. How do I know if the GeForce 180.84 driver is compatible with my laptop's operating system?

The GeForce 180.84 driver is compatible with Windows operating systems, including Windows 10, 8, and 7. To check if your laptop's operating system is compatible with this driver, you can go to the NVIDIA website and select your operating system from the drop-down menu before downloading the driver.