Well living in El Salvador i decided for an engineering but wich one?

• Engineering
  • Thread starter AlexES16
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Engineering
In summary, the conversation revolves around the speaker's decision to pursue engineering and which specific field to choose. They are drawn to the use of mathematics and physics in engineering and mention different options such as mechanical, biomedical, electric, mechatronic, and electronic engineering. They express a particular interest in energy and the production of movement, but are not sure which field would best suit their interests. Another person suggests pursuing a degree in mechanical or electrical engineering and taking some biology courses to have a broader knowledge base in case of job opportunities. The conversation ends with the speaker expressing their interest in electricity and solar panels.
AlexES16
Well living in El Salvador i decided for an engineering but which one?

Well looks like engineers have more job security and use a lot of mathematics and physics, now which one? I love Physics so could be

Mechanical
Biomedical
Electric
Mechatronic
Electronic

this i are some interesting, some advices please.

Physics news on Phys.org

What area of physics do you especially like?

lisab said:
What area of physics do you especially like?

Energy,How things produce movement. Well in my school the last exams where Newtons laws and the conservation of energy so i really am an ignorant. I was thinking in mechanical they look to see even robots, motors and things like that.

Biomedical look to see a lot of calculations or Mechatronic i am clueless =(

AlexES16 said:
Biomedical look to see a lot of calculations or Mechatronic i am clueless =(

I'm just finishing up a undergraduate in biomedical, and unless your really interested in somthing like tissue engineering, what would likly suggest is to enter a ME or EE program and find a prof to work with who does biomedical engineering to work with but get a degree in EE or ME and try to take a couple biology courses. If a biomedical company wants someone who understands mechanics, they ofter hire a ME and if they want someone who understands electrical stuff they get a EE. Unless your going to be working for small start ups where a braod knowledge base is useful, or you want to go to grad school I would stick to ME,EE or ChemE to be more employable.

Sounds like you might enjoy Mechanical. You should go to the Mechanical Engineering forum here and see what kind of things they're discussing...just to get an idea of the kinds of things they study.

HappMatt said:
I'm just finishing up a undergraduate in biomedical, and unless your really interested in somthing like tissue engineering, what would likly suggest is to enter a ME or EE program and find a prof to work with who does biomedical engineering to work with but get a degree in EE or ME and try to take a couple biology courses. If a biomedical company wants someone who understands mechanics, they ofter hire a ME and if they want someone who understands electrical stuff they get a EE. Unless your going to be working for small start ups where a braod knowledge base is useful, or you want to go to grad school I would stick to ME,EE or ChemE to be more employable.

Thanks men, in ME you see a lot of calculations right?

lisab said:
Sounds like you might enjoy Mechanical. You should go to the Mechanical Engineering forum here and see what kind of things they're discussing...just to get an idea of the kinds of things they study.

Thanks a lot =)

Looks like ME is the way =)

lisab said:

Wow lisab i felt in love with Electrcity in my course and i like solar panels.

1. What engineering fields are available in El Salvador?

There are various engineering fields available in El Salvador, including civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, chemical engineering, and computer engineering.

2. How do I decide which engineering field to pursue?

It is important to consider your interests, skills, and job prospects when deciding on an engineering field. Research each field thoroughly and speak with professionals in the industry to gain insight into the day-to-day work and potential career opportunities.

3. Are there any specific academic requirements for engineering in El Salvador?

Yes, most engineering programs in El Salvador require a strong foundation in mathematics, physics, and chemistry. It is also important to have strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and technical skills.

4. What is the job market like for engineers in El Salvador?

The job market for engineers in El Salvador is quite diverse, with opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Some of the major industries that employ engineers include construction, manufacturing, and technology.

5. Is it necessary to have a license or certification to work as an engineer in El Salvador?

Yes, in order to work as an engineer in El Salvador, you must obtain a license from the National Association of Engineers and Architects (ANIA). This requires completing an accredited engineering program, passing exams, and meeting other requirements.