How Does Black Matter Relate to Plasma in the Universe?

• Thread starter rocephin
  • Start date
In summary, absolute potential energy is represented by the equation U = -Gmm/R and as the distance between two bodies approaches zero, the energy required to separate them becomes infinite. However, this equation assumes point masses and does not take into account other forces and principles, such as quantum physics. Additionally, it is important to note that the majority of the mass in our universe is actually dark matter, which is invisible and cannot be accounted for by the equation. Thus, the particles at the big bang were able to separate due to the complex interactions of these other forces and principles.
rocephin

Homework Statement

Question number 1:

I have read in my textbook that absolute potential energy is

U= - Gmm/R

Now , my question is that if two bodies/particles are at a distance of 0.00008m or very close to each other so that the distance between them is nearly equal to zero , we will nee infinite amount if energy to separate them .

thus , U=∞
so how could particles at big bang separated then?

Question number 2:

In our textbook , I have read that 80% of the mass of our universe comprises of Plasma , While surfing internet , I have read that 80% comprise of black matter.

My question is how black matter and plasma are interrelated?

Waiting for answers , thanks

Homework Equations

U= - Gmm/R

Physics news on Phys.org
rocephin said:

Homework Statement

Question number 1:

U= - Gmm/R

Now , my question is that if two bodies/particles are at a distance of 0.00008m or very close to each other so that the distance between them is nearly equal to zero , we will nee infinite amount if energy to separate them .

thus , U=∞

Gravitational force is not the only thing that affects bodies...

rocephin said:

Homework Statement

Question number 1:

U= - Gmm/R

thus , U=∞

It's not easy to get the centers of particles closer together than the sum of their radii. And for particles that are essentially point particles (such as electrons), there are other forces and principles that come into play at very close ranges (hence quantum physics).

Question number 2:

In our textbook , I have read that 80% of the mass of our universe comprises of Plasma , While surfing internet , I have read that 80% comprise of black matter.

My question is how black matter and plasma are interrelated?
That would be "dark matter". Your book was most likely stating that 80% of the visible matter is in the form of plasma. It would appear that the matter we can see is not enough to account for the gravitational effects we can measure. Hence dark (invisible) matter. It looks like over 80% of what should be there can't be seen!

The Newtonian gravity equation assumes point masses. If you have a uniform density of matter that fills all of space, the net forces on the matter would be zero.

THanks

1. What does "Answer my questions please" mean?

"Answer my questions please" is a polite request for someone to respond to a series of questions that have been asked. It implies that the person asking the questions is seeking information or clarification from the person being asked.

2. Why is it important to answer questions?

Answering questions is important because it allows for the exchange of information and promotes understanding between individuals. It can also help to clarify any misunderstandings and lead to further discussion or problem-solving.

3. How should I respond to "Answer my questions please"?

The best way to respond to "Answer my questions please" is to provide clear and concise answers to the questions that have been asked. It is also important to be respectful and considerate in your response.

4. Can I refuse to answer questions?

In certain situations, it may be appropriate to refuse to answer questions. However, it is important to consider the context and consequences of your refusal before doing so. It is also important to communicate your reasons for refusing to answer in a respectful and professional manner.

5. How can I improve my ability to answer questions effectively?

Improving your ability to answer questions effectively involves practicing active listening, being knowledgeable about the subject matter, and communicating clearly and confidently. It is also helpful to be open-minded and willing to learn from others during the question-and-answer process.