Where can I find Survey of gravitational radiation theory F.A.E PIRANI

In summary, where can I find Survey of gravitational radiation theory by F.A.E PIRANI? The book is out of date and does not include any information on the physical significance of each type of gravitational radiation. A better reference is Landau's The Classical Theory of Fields which does not mention physical significance. If I cannot access F.A.E PIRANI's, I will read Exact Solutions of Einstein's Field Equations by Hans Stephani, Dietrich Kramer, Malcolm MacCallum, and others which includes information on shear, expansion, and vorticity of congruences.
yicong2011
Where can I find "Survey of gravitational radiation theory" F.A.E PIRANI

Where can I find

Survey of gravitational radiation theory F.A.E PIRANI

I cannot find it in the library in my Univ. AND it is not available on google book.

Desperate

Physics news on Phys.org

yicong, This was a US Air Force document issued when Pirani was working at Wright-Patterson. I'm not surprised it is hard to locate a copy. I thought I had a copy myself but can't find it. By now it's very much out of date, of course, and I would think that any important results in it will have been published elsewhere. Is there something specific in it you're looking for?

Bill_K said:
yicong, This was a US Air Force document issued when Pirani was working at Wright-Patterson. I'm not surprised it is hard to locate a copy. I thought I had a copy myself but can't find it. By now it's very much out of date, of course, and I would think that any important results in it will have been published elsewhere. Is there something specific in it you're looking for?
Actually, I have been bogged down in "Petrov Classification" for several weeks. Now, I have understand some aspects of this issue, but far from a clear understanding I strive for. Many G.R books do not make it very clear. My professor recommend Landau's The Classical Theory of Fields. But I don't think Landau's fits me very much, although I have understand some aspects of Petrov Classification of Landau's.

At least, Landau's does not say anything on the physical significance of each type, like plane wave, pp wave... Someone else told me that F.A.E PIRANI's is very good reference. So I just try to find it.

If I cannot access F.A.E PIRANI's, I will read "Exact Solutions of Einstein's Field Equations" (Hans Stephani, Dietrich Kramer, Malcolm MacCallum,...) in summer. This book includes everything I need. Like Petrov Classification, Shear free congruence, Algebraically degenerate.

Louis Witten's Gravitation: An introduction to current research also quite good on Shear free congruence.

For expansion, shear, and vorticity of congruences, try section 31.2 from the third edition of Relativity: An Introduction to Special and General Relativity by Stephani and sections 15.1 - 15.3 from An Introduction to General Relativity and Cosmology by Plebanski and Krasinski. For Petrov classification, you might try section 7.16 and chapter 11 of Plebanski and Krasinski.

1. Where can I find a survey of gravitational radiation theory by F.A.E Pirani?

The survey of gravitational radiation theory by F.A.E Pirani can be found in various scientific research databases such as JSTOR, ScienceDirect, and arXiv. It may also be available in libraries or through academic institutions.

2. Is the survey of gravitational radiation theory by F.A.E Pirani available for free?

Some databases may offer free access to the survey of gravitational radiation theory by F.A.E Pirani, while others may require a subscription or payment. It is best to check with the specific database or institution for access.

3. Can I access the survey of gravitational radiation theory by F.A.E Pirani online?

Yes, the survey of gravitational radiation theory by F.A.E Pirani may be available for online access through various databases or academic institution websites. However, some databases may only offer print versions.

4. Is the survey of gravitational radiation theory by F.A.E Pirani a reliable source for research?

Yes, F.A.E Pirani is a renowned scientist in the field of gravitational radiation theory and his survey is considered a reputable source for research. However, it is always important to critically evaluate any source for credibility.

5. Can I find other surveys or studies related to gravitational radiation theory by F.A.E Pirani?

Yes, there may be other surveys or studies related to gravitational radiation theory by F.A.E Pirani available in various databases or through academic institutions. It is recommended to search for related keywords or consult with a librarian for assistance in finding relevant sources.