Water-air composite pressure system

In summary, the conversation discusses the energy stored in different types of systems, including an air tank at 10 bar pressure, a water tank with a volume of 1 cubic meter and a height of 1 meter, and a system containing 2 cubic meters of water and 1 cubic meter of air at 10 bar pressure. The conversation also mentions the potential energy in the water and air, as well as the difference in energy between the systems. The speaker asks for help in identifying any errors and enlists the assistance of experts in hydraulics.
apurvmj
Hi all,
This is my first post since I'm unable to find the answer myself & on the net too.
My query is let's consider we have 3 types of system

1. Air tank at 10 bar pressure.
It will have105*10*1= 1000 KJ energy.

2. Water tank of volume 1 cum and height of 1 m.
It will have 5.04*h2 = 5.04 KJ (h= water head pressure)

3. Now let's say we have 2 cum of volume containing water of 1 cum and 1 cum air at 10 bar.
can I say we have energy in water= 5.01*1002 = 50400 KJ (10 bar=100 m of water)
plus when water is out of tank volume of air will be 2 cum at 5 bar.
then energy stored in air (considering isothermal expansion)= 500 KJ
so total 50900 KJ.

Am I doing wrong some where/ everywhere then where is it wrong?
If not why there is so diffrence in energy?

Physics news on Phys.org
calling all scholars

Pls help.
Don't anyone here study hydraulics.

What is a water-air composite pressure system?

A water-air composite pressure system is a type of pressure system that uses both water and air to create a stable and controlled pressure environment. It is commonly used in scientific experiments and industrial processes.

How does a water-air composite pressure system work?

In a water-air composite pressure system, water is used as the primary pressure medium, while air is used to adjust and control the pressure. An air pump is used to introduce air into the system and a valve is used to regulate the amount of air in the system, thus controlling the pressure.

What are the advantages of using a water-air composite pressure system?

One advantage of a water-air composite pressure system is its stability. Due to the high density of water, it can maintain a more consistent pressure compared to other pressure systems. Additionally, the use of air allows for precise control and adjustments of the pressure.

What are the applications of a water-air composite pressure system?

A water-air composite pressure system is commonly used in research and development, such as in material testing and chemical reactions. It is also used in industrial processes, such as in food and beverage packaging and manufacturing. Additionally, it is used in medical treatments and analysis, such as in hyperbaric oxygen therapy and blood gas analysis.

Are there any safety precautions to consider when using a water-air composite pressure system?

Yes, there are safety precautions that should be followed when using a water-air composite pressure system. It is important to regularly check and maintain the system to prevent any malfunctions. Proper protective gear, such as gloves and goggles, should also be worn when handling the system. Additionally, proper training and knowledge of the system should be obtained before use.