Die Cast Aluminium Tubes UK: Sources Needed ASAP

• Thread starter Bladibla
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Aluminium
In summary, there are a few options for finding die cast aluminum tubes in the UK within a week. These include checking with GT Tubes in Sheffield, using a directory enquiries service, or checking for spin casting tubes through a company like ThomasNet. It is also suggested to search for a European equivalent of ThomasNet to find more options.
Bladibla
Does anybody know any sources from where i can get die cast aluminium tubes? This is in the Uk. Pretty urgent, within a week.

Cheers!

Engineering news on Phys.org
To the best of my knowledge, aluminum tubes are generally extruded, not cast in any way.

In the US, there is a company called "http://www.thomasnet.com/index.html"" which now has a web site. They break down and list companies in the US & Canada into catagories depending on what they manufacture or services they provide. I have to believe there's an equivalent service in Europe. I wonder if anyone knows what it is?

Last edited by a moderator:
You might find some people spin casting tubes. What kind of tubes? Are we talking hydraulic tubing?

GT Tubes in Sheffield might be worth a shot, couldn't find them on Google though. Perhaps try directory enquiries?

1. What is die cast aluminium and how is it different from other types of aluminium?

Die cast aluminium is a type of aluminium that is produced through a process called die casting. This involves injecting molten aluminium into a steel mold under high pressure. This results in a smooth, high-quality surface finish and allows for complex shapes to be formed. Unlike other types of aluminium, die cast aluminium has a higher strength-to-weight ratio and is commonly used in the production of automotive and industrial parts.

2. What are the benefits of using die cast aluminium tubes?

Die cast aluminium tubes offer a range of benefits, including high strength, durability, and corrosion resistance. They are also lightweight and have excellent thermal conductivity, making them suitable for a variety of applications in industries such as automotive, aerospace, and construction. Additionally, die cast aluminium tubes can be produced in large quantities at a relatively low cost, making them a cost-effective choice for many manufacturers.

3. Where can I find sources for die cast aluminium tubes in the UK?

There are several reputable sources for die cast aluminium tubes in the UK. Some manufacturers specialize in die casting, while others offer a variety of aluminium products including tubes. Online directories, industry trade shows, and recommendations from other businesses can be helpful in finding reliable sources. It is important to research and compare different suppliers to ensure the best quality and prices for your specific needs.

4. What factors should I consider when choosing a supplier for die cast aluminium tubes?

When choosing a supplier for die cast aluminium tubes, it is important to consider factors such as the supplier's experience and expertise in die casting, their production capabilities and quality control processes, the types of alloys they use, and their pricing and delivery options. It is also recommended to request samples and customer references to assess the quality of their products and services.

5. Can die cast aluminium tubes be customized for specific applications?

Yes, die cast aluminium tubes can be customized to meet the specific requirements of different applications. The die casting process allows for precise design and dimensional accuracy, making it possible to produce tubes with unique shapes, sizes, and features. Additionally, various surface finishes, coatings, and treatments can be applied to the tubes to enhance their performance and appearance for specific applications.