Bijection between parameters in integral formula

In summary, the conversation discusses using the Franz J. Giessibl formula to measure atomic force with an AFM and the relationship between frequency and force. The participants also discuss the possibility of a one-to-one relationship between the minimums of the two functions and the appropriate community to seek more information.
pierebean
Hello,

To measure the atomic force with an AFM. One can use the frequency shift of a cantilever. This change of frequency is linked to the atomic force by what we called the Franz J. Giessibl formula in the community.

z is the AFM tip-sample distance. frequency(z) is the change of frequency of the cantilever vs the distance. Forces(z) is the atomic force versus the distance. a is a parameter linked to the drive of the cantilever.

If I put all the useless constants equals to 1, I have:

frequency (z)=(1/a)*Integrale[ Force[z+a(1+u)]*u / Sqrt[1-u^2] , du from -1 to 1]

I use u for the integration

This integral is some kind of functional linking frequency(z) and Force(z).

The Force(z) function looks like this: http://www.teachnano.com/education/i/F-z_curve.gif

I would like to proove that for any function Force[z] that is real and ( z is positif ) and that goes through a negative minimum called Fmin, there is a frequency(z) function that goes through a minimum which is freq_min. It works numerically.

I think there is one-to-one relationship between F_min and freq_min but I'd like it to be more than a feeling.

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
That looks more like physics than like Math. Maybe you can post it in the Physics forum.

The physics is just to illustrate the use of the formula. But I would like to prove mathematically the one-to-one relationship between the two minimums.

Maybe physicists knows the answer to this calculus question but it's still calculus now?

If not, in what section of physics should I put this question? I need to find a community that uses similar integral.

What is a bijection in the context of integral formulas?

A bijection is a mathematical function or mapping that establishes a one-to-one correspondence between two sets of parameters in an integral formula. This means that each value in one set is uniquely associated with a value in the other set, and vice versa.

Why is it important to establish a bijection between parameters in integral formulas?

Establishing a bijection helps to simplify and clarify the relationship between different parameters in an integral formula. It ensures that each parameter has a distinct and unambiguous meaning, making it easier to manipulate and interpret the formula.

How can I determine if a bijection exists between two sets of parameters in an integral formula?

You can determine if a bijection exists by checking if each value in one set has a unique corresponding value in the other set, and vice versa. If there is a one-to-one correspondence between the sets, then a bijection exists.

What happens if a bijection does not exist between parameters in an integral formula?

If a bijection does not exist, it means that some parameters are not uniquely associated with each other. This can lead to ambiguity and confusion in the interpretation and manipulation of the integral formula.

How can I use a bijection to simplify an integral formula?

By establishing a bijection between parameters, you can simplify an integral formula by reducing the number of parameters and making the relationship between them clearer. This can make it easier to solve and evaluate the integral, and to understand its meaning and implications.