Things that a mechanical engineer must know for sure

In summary, the conversation discusses how to verify if someone is a mechanical engineer and whether having a degree in engineering automatically makes someone an engineer. The suggestion is made to ask for a resume with references to confirm their education and skills. It is also mentioned that talking to the person can help determine their engineering abilities. The conversation then shifts to discussing social engineering and the possibility of obtaining a degree in it.
En_lizard
suppose someone claims that he's a mechanical engineer who you make sure that he really is, or rather he's a good one?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Ask to see a resume with references.

Whether a person is a degreed engineer is relatively easy to find out. Like Russ said, get a resume that states where they graduated from and check. The question of whether they are a good engineer or not is tough and may not be answerable with interview questioning.

can i see your resumes then? with references pleaze!

En_lizard said:

How's this for an answer: NO :rolleyes:

Ask a specific question and you'll get many informed and knowledgeable answers. There are many industry professionals on this site that make sure no one is giving bad info.

Mech_Engineer said:
How's this for an answer: NO :rolleyes:

Ask a specific question and you'll get many informed and knowledgeable answers. There are many industry professionals on this site that make sure no one is giving bad info.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
i just wanted to have some nice discussions with one of the friends whos a mech eng! so i need some topic to ask from him:frown:

En_lizard said:

HAHA... This is Hilarious!:rofl:

i don't think that just having a major degree in mechanical engineering means that you are one. and not only mechanical engineering, i m talking of all sorts of engineering, be it civil, electrical or electronics. its an engineering mind that makes an engineer.
and about spotting the difference, you just need to talk to them. anyone can tell here that Mr. Fredgarvin is a far more better engineer than most of us

If you're trying to butter me up...it's working.

There are a bunch of very good engineers on this board.

FredGarvin said:

Oh yeah! Name 316!

FredGarvin said:

Apparently, ank_gl is working on his social engineering. A field that the OP might study a bit more. :wink:

nah not any social engineering. and sorry for including names. its just that he helped me once, that's why i said so. sorry if you don't like it

Ank...we're just joking around. No worries.

I think I should need to have such a degree in social engineering as well.

I have heard that this degree MSE - can be something rather expeceve to obtain.

Does anybody know a web based university or something where the Master of Social Engineering can be obtained for some slightly less amount of money ?

1. What is the difference between mechanical engineering and other engineering fields?

Mechanical engineering is a broad field that involves the design, development, and maintenance of mechanical systems. Other engineering fields, such as electrical and civil engineering, focus on different types of systems and technologies.

2. What skills are essential for a mechanical engineer?

Some essential skills for a mechanical engineer include strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, knowledge of computer-aided design (CAD) software, and a thorough understanding of physics and mathematics.

3. What are some common applications of mechanical engineering?

Mechanical engineering is used in a wide range of industries, including aerospace, automotive, manufacturing, and energy. Some common applications include designing and building engines, machines, and structures.

4. What education is required to become a mechanical engineer?

Most mechanical engineers have at least a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or a related field. However, some may have a degree in a different engineering discipline or a related science, such as physics or mathematics.

5. What is the role of a mechanical engineer in product development?

Mechanical engineers play a crucial role in product development, from the initial design stage to final production. They use their technical knowledge and skills to create efficient and functional products that meet the needs of consumers and businesses.