6volt backup battery circuit with auto charger

In summary, Saad wants to make his own 6 volt battery charger for when the power goes out. He is considering using standard UPS equipment, a lead acid battery, and a solar panel.
saad ahmed khan
hello every one!

due to frequent power outages in my area, the lan switches at different locations stop working.

so either the light is out or the switch is not working which is really irritating.

so can some one help me with a circuit that can supply 6 volts for the switch in case of power outage?

what i want is a circuit that runs of ac and charges a 6v dc battery while simultaneously running the 6 volt switch. when the light goes out the battery then should power the switch.
also their should be some way to prevent the battery from over charging.

regards,
saad

Engineering news on Phys.org
Have you considered standard UPS equipment.
Might be cheaper than making your own.

Or just a 6v lead acid battery (eg motorcycle battery) and a charger.
Most decent chargers have a floatmode where they keep the battery topped up.
Your equipement would have to be able to withstand the 7V the charger would supply while charging but most will.

+ Smaller and wastes less power than a UPS+6v dc adaptor.
- Might be tricky to find a 6V battery with a large enough capacity if you need it to run for many hours.

the switches are on poles about a km apart. i caNT USE one ups and drag its wire for the whole distance. i want a stand alone system

i intend to use a bike battery. i want to make make own charger though coz i can't find any good quality ones locally.

If the hardware can survive having slightly more than 6V supplied to it I would just use a 6v lead acid battery and a solar panel to trickle charge it.
Are you in a country where solar power is likely to be practical?

It may be possible to use line power for the switches.
This way you only need one power setup.

solar power is in plenty.. solar cells are NOT.

i want to use the mains to charge the battery as well as run the switch.

and when the mains fail then i want the battery to run the switch..

you people are not getting my point exactly.

1. What is a 6volt backup battery circuit with auto charger?

A 6volt backup battery circuit with auto charger is a type of circuit that is used to provide backup power to electronic devices in case of a power outage. It includes a 6volt battery that is automatically charged by the circuit when the main power supply is available.

2. How does a 6volt backup battery circuit with auto charger work?

This circuit works by constantly monitoring the main power supply and charging the 6volt battery whenever it is available. When there is a power outage, the circuit automatically switches to the backup battery to provide power to the connected electronic devices.

3. What are the benefits of using a 6volt backup battery circuit with auto charger?

The main benefit of using this type of circuit is that it ensures uninterrupted power supply to electronic devices during a power outage. It also eliminates the need for manual charging of the backup battery, as the circuit takes care of it automatically.

4. How is a 6volt backup battery circuit with auto charger different from a regular backup battery?

A regular backup battery needs to be manually charged and connected to the electronic device during a power outage. However, a 6volt backup battery circuit with auto charger eliminates the need for manual charging and automatically switches to the backup battery when needed.

5. What types of electronic devices can be connected to a 6volt backup battery circuit with auto charger?

This circuit can be used for various electronic devices that require a 6volt power supply, such as routers, modems, security systems, and other small electronic devices. It is important to check the voltage requirements of the specific device before connecting it to the circuit.